Author Topic: carb problems  (Read 5988 times)

Offline dirttrackbandit52577

• View Profile
carb problems
« on: September 17, 2013, 07:46:38 pm »
I am wondering what or if any carb will work on my kohler motor I believe its a 17hp don't know anything about them :censored: came on a mower I bought to turn into a pulling mower and the carb is bad but I wanna swap it to another mower if I can find a different cheaper carb to use for it

Offline Burwell555

• Hot Rod Hitman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Re: carb problems
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 08:09:31 pm »
17 horse what?? Single, twin, flathead, ohv? Command series, courage or magnum series???
Zach Burwell
#555 of Triple Nickel Racing

Wanna know a quick way to lose 8 pounds?!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 02:59:28 pm »
It an ohv single cylinder pro series off a craftsmen lt1000

Offline Mowerstompin

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 06:04:30 am »
I run a fc420 (I think) kawasaki k series carb on mine. Works great and you can use dyno jets for like an atv in it. Works great.
Cody Whisenhunt #83

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 09:58:26 am »
R they expincive I plan to put this kohler on a different mower and use somthing different om my craftsman I don't wanna spend much to make the kohler work as a replacment on a different mower

Offline Burwell555

• Hot Rod Hitman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 12:34:14 pm »
They are not much more expensive than any of the rest depending on how carried away you get. In my opinion they are more reliable and forgiving compared to a briggs. However with as few that are built, used aftermarket parts are extremely hard to come by if that's how your lookin to buy your parts. What carb rules do you have? Any restrictions to what you can run?
Zach Burwell
#555 of Triple Nickel Racing

Wanna know a quick way to lose 8 pounds?!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 04:01:11 pm »
I'm not actually gonna use this one for anything but on my actual mowet for mowing my yard I havnt decided what motor I'm gonna put in my puller fr one I havnt decided what class I'm gonna run or if I'm gonna race insted looking into both to see what I can do mor often wether there's more pulls or races in my area I'm just trying to finde a carb to work on this motor for now its expincive to get the oem carb for this and the guy I bought it off of said he couldn't find anyother carb that would work since this wone has the anti after burn thing on the carb and iv never seen anything like this carb befor so Im a little lost

Offline Jim Knutson

• Mow-Forum Junkie
  • i didnt break it......i modified it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 05:19:14 pm »
I'm not actually gonna use this one for anything but on my actual mowet for mowing my yard I havnt decided what motor I'm gonna put in my puller fr one I havnt decided what class I'm gonna run or if I'm gonna race insted looking into both to see what I can do mor often wether there's more pulls or races in my area I'm just trying to finde a carb to work on this motor for now its expincive to get the oem carb for this and the guy I bought it off of said he couldn't find anyother carb that would work since this wone has the anti after burn thing on the carb and iv never seen anything like this carb befor so Im a little lost
BREATHE....if I where to try and say all of this, in one continuous sentence,(paragraph) as you have, I would pass out before getting to the end!
If you quit when you're behind, you will never win.