Author Topic: Another newbie  (Read 2268 times)

chrome

Another newbie
« on: September 16, 2013, 11:52:45 am »
Good day everyone, just thought I would post a "hello" to everyone. Just a little background on what i have going on. I'm planning on 2 builds this winter. The first is  a L100 I picked up for free, it was listed as a non-runner ( which is alright by me since I have 6 months of winter coming up). When I picked it up, I flipped the hood and instead of a 17 Briggs it was a OHV125 Tecumseh. I was told it has been sitting a couple years. Pulled the dipstick, and oil is a little dirty, not gritty or murky. There are a couple wires coming off the engine (granted I haven't looked at it too closely because I've been busy with other things), but the wires that are connected between the tractor and engine are all hacked, twisted and wrapped in tape. As far as I know the L100 didn't come with the Tecumseh.
 The second I'm looking at picking up another L100 with the Briggs. which I want to build into a racer, there are a couple groups around which i could join or get involved in.
So my starting questions are, should I get the Tecumseh running as my actual lawn cutting mower? Or is it just as easy to build up a Tecumseh as it is a Briggs?
Sorry for the long winded ramblings.

Offline redline

• # I BROKE IT
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Another newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 05:40:58 pm »
Depending on which Briggs it is, it would be easier, as there are very few off the shelf parts for the Tecumseh. You can build a Tecumseh, and it will run, you just need to be creative, know some people, and be creative.
Ed King

71.3% of the time, I'm right every time.

/>http://www.youtube.com/user/tawdew

anything