Author Topic: This sucks...anybody else have similar stories?  (Read 2547 times)

Offline goinbroke2

• View Profile
This sucks...anybody else have similar stories?
« on: July 06, 2013, 01:58:47 pm »
At work I got a call from the small engine shop, he said "those old mowers are being junked". I thought COOL! They are 3 gravely's, one has 1200 hours, 1000 on one and one has 800hr's on it.

Now the bad news..

To be "scrapped" they must be chopped up and pictures taken to ensure they are not salvageable and thrown in the metal dumpster! :mad: Travis said he's getting the metal chainsaw from road&ground department to cut them up. :bash: All three run fine, they ran them about 3-4 years (long story on why they weren't on the books and now must be scrapped)

Vertical shaft 25hp Kohler twins, run perfect...AAAHHH!!! He asked if I wanted to  come help or watch, I said no I don't have the heart to watch servicable stuff be destroyed. Won't even let me scrounge a carb or starter. DANG IT!!

If anybody wants though, I can post some pic's of before/during/after. I think it will be next week some time.

Just frigging senseless...anybody else have a similar story?? :mad:

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
Re: This sucks...anybody else have similar stories?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 03:28:19 pm »
Tell your buddy to cut around the engines. Then buy them for scrap metal , either from them before its picked up, or after from the company who picks it up. Most metal scrap yards will sell you motors if you're willing to pay twice of what they bring at scrap metal price, which still isn't much
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

anything