Author Topic: hoosier tires  (Read 3478 times)

Offline racer17j

• View Profile
hoosier tires
« on: July 01, 2013, 06:58:21 pm »
Would anybody be interested in a hoosier 12/8/6 in a 50 or 55 compound. I'm looking to see if there is a market  on the mower side to help sway them into making them. On my karts i'm required to run a 50 duro tire on the rr and want to run a 6.5 tire on the left rear but that gives me way to much stagger they won't make a taller 6.5 but would make a harder 12/8/6 if there is a market for it .
Jake Winkler
Winkler Motorsports
Blackhawk Chassis Conversions
Young Guns II Racing

Offline leadslead

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: hoosier tires
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:09:12 pm »
D-10..d-20 d-50 would be a rock or no ???
STEVE HENDERSON

Offline racer17j

• View Profile
Re: hoosier tires
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 10:49:43 pm »
they duro around 55-60 they are good if you run on hard packed tracks that take rubber on like those who run with karts that leave a lot of prep on the track. Or can be prepped down to have the bite of a 30 but better wear. wasn't sure if guys running fx would like a harder option to get the better wear or not. I ran mine last week for the first time in the 12/9/6 version and once you got a couple laps on them they didn't feel like they had any less grip then the 30 I have ran. in fact once it got dark the moisture came back up and I ended up getting locked down and killed my speed because it was biting so hard
Jake Winkler
Winkler Motorsports
Blackhawk Chassis Conversions
Young Guns II Racing