Author Topic: I need help understanding what is going on with my tranny  (Read 1598 times)

Offline jason711

• View Profile
I need help understanding what is going on with my tranny
« on: June 20, 2013, 03:18:26 am »
 :confused: I'm new to racing but I have built my GP mower from the ground up... When I have it sitting in the yard and shift through the gears its fine the minute I started and go through the gears driving it it wants to jump out of gear i don't understand... I've went through that transmission up and down and I just don't get it...I adjusted the screw on the top of the 700 peerless tranny and the 2 shift keys are good...please HELP!! I shimmed the tranny as well I am out of ideas :bash:

Offline redline

• # I BROKE IT
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: I need help understanding what is going on with my tranny
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 06:52:19 am »
Shift collar in backwards, if you changed the gears, they might not be lined up correctly so the keys are fully engaged when the shifter fan lines up with the detent ball, rounded keys or gears could all be causes.
Ed King

71.3% of the time, I'm right every time.

/>http://www.youtube.com/user/tawdew

Offline hotrod1

• View Profile
Re: I need help understanding what is going on with my tranny
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:24:05 am »
Yes the shift collar in backwards
Tom Johnson
President
NELMRA
tomjohnson@nelmra.com
65T, AP/SP TAS Racing
2009 NELMRA rookie of the year, 2010 SP-B Class Points Champion, 2010 SP-C 3rd Class Points, 2013 NELMRA AP/SP Champion.
2014 SP Champion, 2nd in AP. Champion in the Challange of Champion (this is a race of 1st place winners of ap,sp,cp and bp and put them together and race for points.)