Author Topic: 2013 ALL AMERICAN MOWER CHAMPIONSHIPS  (Read 44501 times)

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
Re: 2013 ALL AMERICAN MOWER CHAMPIONSHIPS
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2013, 02:04:07 am »
Let me displace some rumors I have ben called and ask about!! Collins your steering is just fine whom ever told you other wise doesnt have a clue to what there speaking of.
Yes we are fully insured, more so than some other big associations. Go to the All american website the info is on the first page not hiding anything there!! We are proud of it.
No you dont have to be a memember of any group including ours to come and race!!
No fees have not tripled look at past years fees yes we are charging yes the venue charges everyone 5.00 a person that covers you for all weekend. Folks its a reality its costs to play!!!
Yes its true no politicking allowed at this event. You coming to start anything be warned now you will be ask only once to leave. Try it and see what happens.
Yup we will not tolerate intentional rough driving you will be given 1 warning only consider this one it!!
Yes it is very possible that some may not get to run in the feature event. I say possible. If a class is determined to be to large to run every machine at one time then we will have to make the call in the name of safety. Understand this event is huge. We have had over 150 mowers in past years. So the possibility is there!!!
Myself and my staff expect everyone to come have a great time thats what we are there to do is provide you the racer an awesome weekend of family fun, great SAFE racing. Understand my staff is all volunteer. I have no major sponsorships this year budgets are tight!!!  Where does the moneys go from the entry fees you ask!! trophy's cost money, insurance cost money, electronic scoring costs money thats where it all goes, so its all voluntary because we want to do so not because we are paid to do so or made to do so therefor treat my staff with respect, if you feel there is an issue speak to us calmly dont bring your whole crew/posse to jump on my staff members as it will be your last time as a welcome racer to this event. We put this event on of our own accord for you the racers. If any of these terms dont suit you then stay home as we the staff nor our wonderful venue want you there.
So now that you have heard it from the horses mouth please if you enjoy racing and fellowship with like minded racers from across the nation and abroad then this event is done for you. Its your event to enjoy and we will work our tails to off to make it the best possible event you will remember for a long time.
Weekend Tentative Schedule:
Nov. 1st
FRIDAY EVENING... time/weather permitting tech will be open by 12pm sign in and safety tech 2pm till track will open But for a controlled practice.

Nov. 2nd
8:30-11 registration and tech, 11:15 drivers Meeting 12pm practice/qualifying followed by heats followed by supper time.

Saturday  each class will have two 5 minute rounds of practice /qualifying. Depending on size of fields and the amount of racers we are only gonna garauntee 1 5 minute round of practice per class. Practice times being recorded and heat grids will be based on those times. Heats will be 15 laps. Depending on amount of mowers multiple heats is possible. We won't know this till race day. Features on Sunday will be grid by heat finishes.

Nov. 3rd
SUNDAY 9:30 to 11 safety tech 11: 15 Drivers meeting (no practice). 12:00 features begin Trophy presentation to follow. No practice, Feature's will be 30 laps except for stock class. They will run 3 lap heats and 5 lap features. May the best racer win?

George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline willenglish

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2013, 10:10:12 am »
I have found the costs of attending this event to be very reasonable...especially for a national event of this caliber.  This is an excellent venue with plenty of good parking....shade....even great food at the concessions. There is no gouging going on. To put this in perspective... At a recent karting event in South Carolina the gate fee was $20 for everyone. The competitors were paying $200 just to secure a favorable pit selection...and the concessions.... $20 for a couple of hotdogs and a soda. That makes the All American a relative bargain.  I've said this before...everyone needs to attend this event at some point. This is the pinnacle of our sport...you will be competing againt the best of the best. The track is very well prepared...and will hold every drop of horsepower you can throw at it. No temporary hay bale track here...its a permanant facility. George and his crew administer the race professionally and impartially. One warning however...come with a well prepared machine that is within the published safety regulations...if not you will go thru the tech line until it is.
William L. English, jr.

Offline Johnny Chappell

• 2012 MCK/Cyclone Track Champion - Super Sportsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2013, 08:46:10 pm »
This will be my first time running this race. Will be coming from NC and look forward to get a chance to run with the best of the best. I will be running in the BP class.
Johnny Chappell

Offline docbro

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2013, 11:13:16 pm »
Should be there again this year with who knows what, except a crippled crew chief...lol.  I have every class of prepared chassis except AP.  Need more horses than that to haul me around the track   :woo:
Kenny "Doc" Holder
2013 ULMRA FX Champion
2013 USLMRA 5th FXT
2012 USLMRA 3rd FX
2012 USLMRA 7th FXT
#606 GP, CP, BP, FX, FXT

Offline nip 19

• Turf Warrior
  • if its fast count me in
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2013, 05:29:48 pm »
Should be there again this year with who knows what, except a crippled crew chief...lol.  I have every class of prepared chassis except AP.  Need more horses than that to haul me around the track   :woo:
I got just what you need. Save a spot on the trailer
2011 GLMRA FX champion
2011 SRUSAAO FX champion.   Kevin

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2013, 09:27:50 pm »
One week boys n girls.. We are loaded and ready to go!!! How bout you!!!
George Herrin #6
Retired from BP

Offline faster295

• Braaaaaaap
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2013, 10:23:11 pm »
Coming from Ohio! Leaving Thursday night! I can't wait!!! See ya there George!
Brad Adams
FXS #295

Offline valleeracing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2013, 04:23:46 am »
Good luck brad and joey show them boys how we do it in the buckeye state :woo:
Brent

4 feature wins 2011
5 heat wins 2011

Offline docbro

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2013, 09:06:29 pm »
Well Pooh, unfortunately, my plans have had to change for this weekend.  Mycrippled crew chief and I will not be able to attend this great event this year!!! Maybe next year,  I really enjoyed racing with old friends and new friends last year.  However, being the NEW GUY at work doesn't always have benefits.

Kenny "Doc" Holder
2013 ULMRA FX Champion
2013 USLMRA 5th FXT
2012 USLMRA 3rd FX
2012 USLMRA 7th FXT
#606 GP, CP, BP, FX, FXT

Offline Wade1978

• AAMC - Official ALarm Clock
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Facebook page
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2013, 07:45:05 am »
we are definitely having a blast this weekend at the All American   :burnout:
Wade Chamblee #15C SS & SP
Hodges, Alabama
BTMRA Staff member and AAMC Alarm Clock
BTMRA Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BTMRA-Bama_Tenn-Mower-Racing-Assn/122035854484887
I'm just here trying to get there

Offline mowvette

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2013, 08:40:26 pm »
Yep..It's in the record books ..what some race today or I should say races...16 mowers started in the super mod twins..Looked like a little of nascar racing going on...I know the fans had to of gotten there monies worth today....Everything from fast mowers, a couple wrecks and even one small fire..To the one racer that got in the bad pile up wreck and had to be taken out by EMS, I heard that he probably had a small concussion because he didn't remember the wreck and was going to be alright...(THANK GOD)...And George you and your crew did a great job..Weather was also great.....
David #01
2012 ARMA  Southeast Regional
Supermod Twin Champion, 2012 S.C.L.R.A. Supermod Twin Champion, 2012 S.C.L.R.A. Supermod Single Champion

Offline nip 19

• Turf Warrior
  • if its fast count me in
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2013, 09:50:58 pm »
I talked to wade earlier and he seems to be doing fine. He said his hip was bruised up bad and his memory was getting better. He said he's probably gonna be soar for a little while. Big thanks to George for all the hard work.
2011 GLMRA FX champion
2011 SRUSAAO FX champion.   Kevin

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2013, 10:41:10 pm »
Any race results?
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2013, 10:10:10 am »
Lots of results and will post them on the aamc website in the next few days. I have to convert them to PDF first
George Herrin #6
Retired from BP

C$Dream

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2013, 02:34:18 pm »
Here is a quick video of the first to laps of the MODX/CP feature. View the video and it explains itself. Mowfast team had a blast this weekend.
http://youtu.be/wAvQIFERkl8