Author Topic: Kohler V-Twin discussion  (Read 23671 times)

Offline Caseracer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kohler V-Twin discussion
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 08:52:13 am »
Sporty, Yes the cranks are interchangeable.
Shakin' by a Roller Kohler

Offline fx28

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 12:53:32 pm »
Does anyone have any circle track cam experience that you will share?  What cam and other mods and how did it perform?  I know this is open to interpretation but, if I get 2 or 3 people saying they tried the same cam with similar experience, then it can help me decide on my first cam to try.

Thanks
Vogel Manufacturing    S/A 252/ 300  complete roller set up will run about $600   if he does not have in stock I can fix you up, have 2 on the shelf    or just go to isky catalog and look at short track profiles and have somebody grind one for you. 

ran this cam for 3 years and very strong and broad power band, A lot of racers using this cam they just wont tell you!

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 01:05:16 pm »
Vogel Manufacturing    S/A 252/ 300  complete roller set up will run about $600   if he does not have in stock I can fix you up, have 2 on the shelf    or just go to isky catalog and look at short track profiles and have somebody grind one for you. 

ran this cam for 3 years and very strong and broad power band, A lot of racers using this cam they just wont tell you!

I've used that same cam from Vogel for years as well in BP and FXT engines. Works great! It builds great bottom end power and torque so there's no need to turn it over 8-9,000.  If you want a higher rpm engine with tons of mid range and top end HP, run the 385R260-7. Just make sure you have the correct valve train to handle the roller cam  8)
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

Offline DWilliamS13

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 02:15:11 am »
Is there any benefit to using smaller horse power heads on a bigger horse power motor if the motor is stock? Like putting 22hp heads on a 25hp.

Offline Burton for Certain

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2013, 09:09:18 am »
They're the same heads.
Drew Burton #19 FXS/FXT
Midwest Super Cub Racing

Nichols Performance Inc. For the tractor pulling
"Bad Company" PS/SS
"Triple Play" Open Super Stock Diesel

Small Engines Of Seymour High Performance Camshafts (Greg Hackman) 8125225577