Author Topic: Monster mow down in Ohio  (Read 36018 times)

Offline DeereRacer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Monster mow down in Ohio
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2013, 10:34:45 am »
I want to try and make it next year. Can't wait to see some videos.
"There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and farming the most certain."

Well I got two of the three covered.
Martin
Thumb Mowers
Michigan

Offline faster295

• Braaaaaaap
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2013, 02:29:51 pm »
Did anyone get pics to put on here?
Brad Adams
FXS #295

Offline jim russell

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2013, 08:28:30 pm »
We got some brad will try to get them on tomorrow. It was an awesome time
Jim

Offline Briarcliff Mx

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2013, 10:24:24 pm »
Thanks to everyone that braved the bad weather, and horrible radar that was on display all day. I think it went well for the first event.  I learned a lot, and I guarantee next year will be bigger and better. I hope everyone felt like they got their money's worth, that's always my goal.

I did get some video, I will put together a quick video when I get some time.

Offline mowracer13

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2013, 11:59:22 am »
WOW!!! For those that didn't make it this year this is a must for next year. We had a blast on the road coarse, most fun I've had in a long time racing anything. Huge thanks to Jeremy from Briarcliff and Matt Strine for making this thing happen. Everyone watch for dates for next years event its a must!!!!!!! :woo:
Joey

Offline Burwell555

• Hot Rod Hitman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2013, 01:31:22 pm »
I contemplated staying home but something made me load and make the drive. Weather sucked all day, but somehow it quit raining by 330. Somehow in only an hour or so Jeremy and Matt had the track reworked and was ready to race on. Hats off to the both of ya given the crap hand that was dealt!! Track was fun, race was awesome! For the laps that got put on it, the track held up very well and I'm positive Jeremy can make things better for next year. For those that missed it, you truly missed out. I took some onboard video, I thought but apparently that memory card was already full :(. I was really looking forward to sharing myself running in the mix with Chuck and Matt on their BP machines!
Zach Burwell
#555 of Triple Nickel Racing

Wanna know a quick way to lose 8 pounds?!

Offline faster295

• Braaaaaaap
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2013, 09:25:46 am »
Ok, thanks Jim!! I'll watch for them to be posted!!

The new machine looks, and runs, really awesome Zach!! Whenever you wanna part with that one, keep me in mind.
Brad Adams
FXS #295

Offline Burwell555

• Hot Rod Hitman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2013, 11:59:03 am »
Thanks Brad! She won't be for sale until I figure out its full potential as there is still more stupid little stuff to be worked out of !
Zach Burwell
#555 of Triple Nickel Racing

Wanna know a quick way to lose 8 pounds?!

Offline Honey Badger

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2013, 08:24:32 pm »
Thank you for setting up such a unique track!  The road course idea was brilliant. It was definately a drivers course, not a horsepower course.  The tight rights and left allowed for multiple ways to set up to pass other people.  There were so many opportunities for you to make a mistake or for others.  Usually you are only afforded one or two places on a track to pass people, sometimes none.  I can think of at least four or five spots you could get by people if you set up correctly.  Another wonderful thing was that it really didn't matter if you had an extremely expensive high power mower.  If you couldn't turn right you would be subject to getting passed by a low budget machine that had a better combination of left and right turning ability.  Not only was this totally refreshing race this track compared to an oval, it seemed to also make racing a governed class, even an IMOW (which is usually follow the leader) an exciting class to watch.  The tight turns seemed to make it a better track for the traditional chassis. 

It should be noted that the speeds seen on this track were not as fast as most traditional oval track national races I have been to.  So I would say if wrecks were to occur, they would be at much slower speeds making this track a safer one to race on, while still retaining if not boosting the excitement factor with the ability to pass through the roof.  From an insurance vs. racers standpoint, this would be an ideal situation. 
I hope the USLMRA considers this venue and track set up for next year as a national race.  With the exception of the tracks roughness, which was due to weather and this being the first time mowers ever raced on it, the concept was awesome. 
Alex Stella
CP Indian powered #53
98 MTD Box Chassis live axle 700
2011 rookie of the year MILMRA   2012 most improved driver MILMRA   2nd in points national CP
It\'s not considered hoarding lawn tractors until more than one neighbor complains!