Author Topic: Monster mow down in Ohio  (Read 36000 times)

Offline Briarcliff Mx

• View Profile
Re: Monster mow down in Ohio
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2013, 07:23:20 am »
Sorry guys I have been buried in motocross land.  I think Matt caught most of your questions.  Brad is correct, originally we were scheduling practice for Saturday, but that might be fairly impossible to do both, so we will plan to just have mower racing Saturday night, and motocross practice and trail riding on Sunday.

Brad and Matt shoot me a text, got a new phone same number but lost all my contacts.  thanks!

Offline Briarcliff Mx

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2013, 02:02:14 pm »
We are getting closer to the Mow Down!!!

I got us a new official final flyer, and I plan to build the track in the next week or so, if we could get the rain turned off for a few days.

Just FYI, we will be handing out Top Qualifier T-Shirts to all who earn them in their repsective classes for the lawnmower racing.  We will be adding a 250' club for the pullers, everyone that pulls 250' will get a shirt.  Also font forget, get your tell your friends about the yard sale class for mower racing, its a run what you brung class.  Cheater mowers will be set on fire and pushed in the pond, this is for entry level people to test the waters to try out mower racing.  The only solid rule for this class is that the blades have to be removed and you need proper safety gear to race.  At least a helmet, long pants, and work boots at a a minimum.

Counting down, just 23 days to go!

Offline faster295

• Braaaaaaap
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2013, 04:36:11 pm »
Flyer looks great!!! Yard sale class should be very entertaining for new comers and spectators alike. Is that class gonna be basically bring a grasscutter with no blades? No modifications at all right? Just trying to clarify it. Keep up the hard work Jeremy!! I'm really excited for this race and event all together.
Brad Adams
FXS #295

Offline Briarcliff Mx

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2013, 04:51:32 pm »
Thats right Brad, bring out a plain jane mower, remove the blades, and even the deck if you want, but no engine mods, no racing tires, no fancy carb, nothing aftermarket thats performance based, none of that.  The only thing we might entertain is different pulleys to change the ratio, but thats it.  A true stock class.  Should be fun.

Offline Briarcliff Mx

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2013, 12:32:51 pm »
I have contacted some hotels in our area to find rates and availability, here is a list of places and contact info.  All of them are about 20 minutes to the track.

Zanesville Hampton - 740-453-6511 > $149 per night
Zanesville Holiday Inn Express - 800-939-4249 > $149 per night
Newark Courtyard - 344-1800 > $129 per night
Newark Cherry Valley Lodge - 800-788-8008 > $159 per night
Newark Metropolitan - 855-250-4563 > $99 per night

I cant speak for the Zville hotels, but I know the courtyard in Newark is next to a Texas Roadhouse and a Mcdonalds, and the Cherry Valley Lodge has an indoor water park for the kids with slides and pools.  Its also close to Wendys and Bob Evans.  The Metropolitan is near a Wendys and a very nice steak house called the Chop House.  The Metropolitan has a restaurant in it as well.

Offline faster295

• Braaaaaaap
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2013, 03:28:20 pm »
Both of the zanesville places are surrounded by food places and I believe both have pools. I know the holiday inn express does for sure.
Brad Adams
FXS #295

Offline Briarcliff Mx

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2013, 02:54:35 pm »

The awards are on there way!  16"x16" full black acrylic on stands!  1st-5th in each class including the yard sale class!

Offline Honey Badger

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2013, 08:46:01 pm »

The awards are on there way!  16"x16" full black acrylic on stands!  1st-5th in each class including the yard sale class!
Haha!  So the winners have already been decided?  Congrats Matt!
Alex Stella
CP Indian powered #53
98 MTD Box Chassis live axle 700
2011 rookie of the year MILMRA   2012 most improved driver MILMRA   2nd in points national CP
It\'s not considered hoarding lawn tractors until more than one neighbor complains!

Offline Briarcliff Mx

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2013, 06:38:58 am »
LOL!  I hope this doesnt cause any ill feelings, such a cool pic, and the only one I could get that was high resolution.  If we get some cool pics from this years event, who knows, maybe you will end up on the awards next year......We are also have top qualifier stickers made, I will post them as soon as I have them.  We were thinking about t shirts, but do to the limited quantity, we were getting raked over the coals on prices, so i decided to take the cool factor another route.

Offline faster295

• Braaaaaaap
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2013, 09:30:03 pm »
Very classy!!! I hope I finish well enough to get one of em. I'm sure they look even better in person. Good choice Jeremy. Guys and gals, I hope that if its at all possible, you attend this event. I have been to mx races at this place and I have always been very impressed with the show, and the work this guy puts back into his events. This year is the first of this for him, and I'm sure it will be a ongoing event for the next years to come. Lets all go out and have a great time and show them what mower racing is all about, and how we all help each other go fast and have fun doing it!!
Brad Adams
FXS #295

Offline Briarcliff Mx

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2013, 07:49:01 am »

Offline mowracer13

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2013, 04:17:34 pm »
Very well said faster295. This will be a great weekend of fun!!!!!! Hope to see everyone there.
Joey

Offline faster295

• Braaaaaaap
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2013, 06:16:59 pm »
I was out to Briarcliff today and spoke to Jeremy. We went over the track layout, and it's gonna be really cool!! It's a road course and hang level changes, banked turns, and flat turns too. It's definitely going to be different and a blast to race on!! I also checked out the pulling track and it looks like it'll work really well too!! I'm very excited to see this event!!
Brad Adams
FXS #295

Offline Briarcliff Mx

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2013, 02:38:58 pm »

Just a few shots of the initial track build, we will have everything looking much much better this Saturday with banners, the grass will be mow'd down, lol.  I just wanted to show what we did last night.  I packed the track in tight this morning to keep the rain from ruining it.  It should be good.

Offline faster295

• Braaaaaaap
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2013, 02:44:59 pm »
AWESOME!!! Great job on the track!!!! Looks very fun and different.
Brad Adams
FXS #295