Author Topic: Truck Stolen  (Read 2631 times)

Offline hobo3128640

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Truck Stolen
« on: February 04, 2013, 10:10:47 am »
Has anyone here had their vehicle stolen? i just had a 1992 s10 i was making into a hotrod stolen from me last week. i reported it to the cops but they never said much. I just dont know what to do it had some of my neigbors things in it and hes not to happy with it.

Bobby hamm

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Truck Stolen
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 10:15:12 am »
My gramps had his truck stolen here in GA about 7 years ago, they took a report and that was pretty much it. They told him other than putting the VIN on the law enforcement network wasn't much they could do. They didn't even attempt to look for it. Sad but that's how it is.
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline hobo3128640

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:21:25 am »
yep thats all they did took a report and said they call us back and they never did.
Bobby hamm

Offline royalblu68f100

• Mow-Forum Junkie
  • Cartwheels are a helluva ride if you can hold on!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 10:22:23 am »
Check Craigslist, Racing Junk, etc.  several of my friends have found their own vehicles simply by watching the internet.  I would also go to the local scrap yards and let them know maybe take a printed picture to show.  Watch for items that only your truck had, wheels, lowering kit, motor etc.  One mustang was found simply by remembering where the fuel regulator was mounted and how the lines, wiring, etc were routed.
You never win a race by focusing on one aspect of the race!  Motor isn't everything, but you better have a good one!  Chassis too!  But remember, a driver can take a slow machine and make it faster!  I may not have/be the best of any of these but I'm trying!
Chris Cox- CP/Mod X, AP
2016 ALL AMERICAN CP/Mod X Champion
2015 USLMRA AP Champion
2014 USLMRA AP Runner Up
2013 USLMRA AP Champion
2012 SRUSAAO ModX/CP Champion
2012 USLMRA CP Champion
2012 US Open AP Champion
2011 SRUSAAO MOD-X/CP Champion
2011 USLMRA FX Points Runner up
2011 GALMRA CP Points Champion

Offline highteck_rednek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 01:00:12 pm »
most of the time all they do is make a report.  even if they find it all they will do is make you retrieve the vehicle. i had an s-10 blazer stolen several year ago.  they reoved my tag placed a stolen one on it, parked it next to the house that had the stolen tag. had an eye witness see the people get out of the truck.  the said they would "investigate it" ohh and btw you have to move the truck or it gets impounded.

long story short cost 100$ for the tow 1000$ for a new transmission.  and a few hundred bucks to replace tools and window. 
i got a letter a few years later saying that a detective has now been assigned to the case.

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 04:56:01 pm »
GOOD LUCK, SCRAP YARDS, AND CHECK OTHER COUNTYS AROUND YOU. I REALLY HOPE YOUR WORLD GETS BETTER.
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline shadetree57

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 12:16:36 pm »
We had a car stolen here at the shop and reported it. We got word where it was from a cleanup guy we had hired so we found it. Sitting beside the road in town and as we were standing there a cop rode by and kept on goin. Boy they really were trying to find it. Bet they rode by it a hundred times and never got out to check the vin.

Offline hobo3128640

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 01:47:28 pm »
Yea it sucks they dont want to do anything about it. ive let all the junk yards and scrap yards know maybe it will show up. the truck wasnt drivable at the time it needed a little work we got them taking the truck on camera couldnt really see who it was but they broke into my cousins truck and pushed it out in the middle of road and rolled mine down his driveway and loaded it up.
Bobby hamm

anything