Author Topic: New Holland Racer Build  (Read 28556 times)

Offline docbro

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Holland Racer Build
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 09:27:28 pm »
Mowster,

You will ant to invest in a steel or billet alum pulley for the rear.  I have used those in the past and it sheared in half.  Not fun when your race day ends sooner than you want it to.
Kenny "Doc" Holder
2013 ULMRA FX Champion
2013 USLMRA 5th FXT
2012 USLMRA 3rd FX
2012 USLMRA 7th FXT
#606 GP, CP, BP, FX, FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
  • Wabash Valley Mower Racers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 09:33:08 pm »
yeah i have a steel one for the trans i just didnt have it handy when i was doing a mock up of the clutch. that pulley is 1'' to small but my steel one i forgot at work on friday and really wanted to get the clutch done this weekend. thanks for the look out!  :thumbsup:
Holland S8 Oppy powered ModX
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 09:41:11 pm »
I had to cut 3'' out of the front axle because it was too long. Got that tacked back together and im going to take it to work and weld it with out 440 mig welder. I also got the disk brake bracket mocked up. Debating on either to weld the bracket on or just bolt it? Might just bolt it so if i have to move it or just want it out of the way i can just unbolt it. Will get that finished tomorrow and will put the front axle back on. By the way, dont mind the mess on the bench  ;)
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 06:57:34 am »
Good Morning Heymowers! Been busting my rear all week on the mower. Haven't really took any pics yet but ill try to post some tonight. So far i got the front axle welded and put back on, the steering shaft and supports on, the steering linkages on, went a head and bolted the brake support on instead of welding it. The clutch is finished and i have a new belt ready to go. Going today to look for a clutch handle and cable and going to pick up the rest of the parts to finish the engine. Goung to be working on the exhaust this weekend
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 06:46:38 pm »
Good evening. Haven't got much done since Saturday. Had a nice snow storm roll through, much like other states, so ive been a home body. I did spend a couple of hours out in the shop today and got the puke tank installed and finished bracing the transmission plate and welded up some supports for the chassis. I didnt snap very many pictures because my phone stayed in the house because for some reason im very popular today and it wouldn't stop going off. Hope to get more work and pictures tomorrow
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 08:55:24 pm »
Ok i got a couple of things done before it got to cold. I got the transmission built and installed. I got the shifter in place and the gas tank where i think i want it... I make a throttle cable bracket design that clamps on to the intake that im going to take to work and build. I think im going to put the battery in front of the engine because that's the only spot i have left to put anything lol i have a 3 day weekend coming up so im going to try to get the exhaust done.
Shifter
FXT

Offline Jeff McKelroy

• Professor Ducky
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 09:50:02 pm »
You're getting there!

Did you ask anybody about lowering the engine first?  Unfortunately that's not USLMRA legal.

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 10:34:20 pm »
Yeah i know its not legal but its legal to run here locally. Im not going to run this at national events just our local track and tracks near by. Next year i will be rolling out a VTwin powered FXT that will be fully legal  :) i have to run the engine down into the frame because the way this chassis is i could never get a 700 in there. Last year i had the trans between my legs and the chain came off.
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 01:18:16 pm »
HAPPY EASTER! Got a little done this weekend. Been working on the exhaust and finally got it tacked up the way i want. I took the picture in HiDef so i had to upload it to photobucket. http://s1307.photobucket.com/user/Mowster1982/media/CAM00076_zps057de455.jpg.html probably wont be able to make it to the shop today because of the holiday but i will try to fire the engine up this week and post a video.
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 09:12:09 pm »
Well we got Easter done early so i went out to play in the shop. I got the clutch cable mocked up and working. Just need to finalize it. Got all the tires on it and it sitting on the ground. Hopefully going to hear it run soon.
Dont mind the crappy welding. Junk flux core
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 09:58:46 pm »
Got a few things done. Exhaust is finished but still need to grind the welds and wrap it with exhaust wrap. Dont have a billet flywheel yet so i put the cast one on for now. Im not going to rev the engine but just run it faster then idle to get it broke in till i can get a flywheel and get it to the track. Here's a picture of how it stands right now. Going to get new plugs and wire up the battery tomorrow and hopefully get some noise coming out the exhaust  :woo:
FXT

Offline saltyAMF

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 05:51:38 am »
shoulda knocked the dust off that intek instead... >:D  looking good so far
joshua "MEAT" coleman

ct g8/s4

2011 nelmra sp-b 2nd place