Author Topic: New Holland Racer Build  (Read 28522 times)

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
  • Wabash Valley Mower Racers
    • View Profile
New Holland Racer Build
« on: January 16, 2013, 10:13:01 pm »
Well I've been debating on whether or not to start a build post but decided to go a head and do it. Not many people have built New Hollands into racing mowers but I have seen a few Holland pullers. I have raced this mower last year but have it down to bare frame now for chassis strengthening and other mods. I will try to post as many pictures as I can and will try to have this project wrapped up by March. Stay tuned for more...
Holland S8 Oppy powered ModX
FXT

Offline Michaelgc7

• Turf Warrior
  • To finish first you must first finish ;)
    • View Profile
Re: New Holland Racer Build
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 07:57:01 am »
Cant wait to see the pics new holland racers look great  :twothumbsup:
Micheal Carrier

Owner of Carrierperformance.net , lawn mower racing superstore.

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:05:11 pm »
http://s1307.beta.photobucket.com/user/Mowster1982/media/imagejpeg_2_5_zps290f97ab.jpg.html here's some pics so far. One is my Murray super stock I painted today
FXT

Offline Darkviper

• Turf Warrior
  • Sponsored by vegascarts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 11:21:15 pm »
Is this square tube type of chassi the wide bodys or the pan style chassi?
Jonathon Kaup
Sponsored by vegascarts

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 11:57:46 pm »
Is this square tube type of chassi the wide bodys or the pan style chassi?
The wide body has the squared C channel type chassis. Its just a stock mower.
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 09:33:29 pm »
Sorry i haven't posted in a while. Got my super stock done and inquired a pressure lube oppy and a 40 ci INTEC VTWIN. really contemplating on putting the Vtwin in the super stock and making a super mod FXT  >:D i came up with a new steering design and i will post pics as soon as it warms up enough to play in the shop
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 09:24:16 pm »
Got some steering parts done today. Heres a picture of how it looks. As the rod from the steering shaft goes forward (steering wheel turning right) and moves the lever under the exhaust forward, the lever on the outside of the frame goes back. Then as the outside lever goes back it pulls the shaft back thats connected to the axle hub. The action of you turning the steering wheel to the right which will cause the hub to turn right. Have i confused you yet? LOL I have a video of it to but i cant post it on here on how it works. More to come soon, building the front axle this week and just got the engine wraped up.
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 09:55:05 pm »
Well got a few things done today. Got the hiem joints in and got the front axle tacked together and a spindle on. Looks pretty good. I would post a picture but for some reason my phone wont let me  :confused: when i select a picture it reloads as a new untyped post and theres no attachments? Once the girlfriend gets off the computer i will post a picture. Not bad for my first time fabbing a front axle. Going to take it to work in the morning and use our Lincoln welder to finish welding it, feel safer that way lol hopefully i will have a rolling chassis this weekend
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 09:39:07 pm »
Worked on the front some more. Got the steering lined out and got the front axle mounted. Pretty nice day out today so i also got the garage cleaned up and organized. Had it as rolling chassis today and realized the rear axle is sitting way to high so going to work on that this coming week
FXT

Offline Jeff McKelroy

• Professor Ducky
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 08:14:37 pm »
Looking good!

I especially appreciate all the stuff on the floor, I don't feel so all alone, lol.  I feel sorry for anything even partially magnetized when I build a chassis.

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 10:50:42 pm »
LOL Thanks. Hate to disappoint but after 4 hours of cleaning on sunday the floor is spotless hahaha i did get some work done on the back but dont have any pics of it yet. Ill finish up tomorrow and ill get some pics of the rear axle and hopefully of it sitting on its tires
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 10:36:08 pm »
http://s1307.beta.photobucket.com/user/Mowster1982/library/ ok for some reason my phone wants to take to big of pictures even on its smallest setting even though i haven't had a problem before??? Oh well, thank goodness for photobucket lol The mower now sits as a rolling chassis, for now, till i can get the rest of the engine together. Still have a ton of work to do and getting it ready for paint. Will post more soon
FXT

Offline Jeff McKelroy

• Professor Ducky
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 01:08:46 am »
Looking forward to it. Keep up the good work.

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 11:04:44 pm »
Got a little done tonight. Got the clutch T made and the cross member that holds it in place. Its not welded in yet so ill make the final measurements tomorrow and get it installed. Got to cold so i called it a night. Will get more done tomorrow. Oh yeah got my new front tires mounted and ready to go!
I dont get it? Sometimes it will let me post a pic and other times i have to post it to photobucket? Oh well ENJOY
FXT

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 09:21:06 pm »
Well i didnt get as much as i wanted to get done this weekend but i did get the clutch on and working and the front tires mounted.Ii also ran into a problem, from outside to outside im running pretty much dead on 40'' wide. I cant remember what the width for ModX is suppose to be but the rear axle is 38" sidewall to sidewall so it looks like i will have to cut 2" out of the center of the front axle to get it back down to 38". Not a big deal but still a set back. Will try to get that cut and bolted back up this week and do some final weld touch ups on some chassis bracing and other areas. I also need to finish up the steering and get the brakes mocked up and see how that will work. More pics to come..
the new twist clutch
FXT