Author Topic: new project: homemade ultrasonic cleaner....kicks grass !  (Read 2876 times)

Offline 2budzracing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
new project: homemade ultrasonic cleaner....kicks grass !
« on: December 04, 2012, 11:12:14 pm »
WOW does thing work good ! 1 makita orbital sander,1 stainless tub,a little soapy water and 10 minutes later 1 spotless carb.cost=..$0...a little noisey but well worth it. wish I could post pic's of this low budget work of art.....
President of the Anza Mowtivated Hillbillys
President of the PCLMRA (Pacific Coast Lawn Mower Racing Association)
Owner 2 BUDZ RACING #16 #26 #36 #46
West Coast Regional Director USLMRA

Offline Toadworks

• HEYMOW Welcome Wagon
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: new project: homemade ultrasonic cleaner....kicks grass !
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 09:40:36 pm »
If your orbital sander uses hook and loop paper, glue a sheet to the lid of a plastic jar (mayonnaise, peanut butter) add your part and cleaner to the jar, screw on the lid, attach to sander and shake away... well turn the sander on and let it shake the jar. This trick can work for polishing things to. The only trouble is you have to run the sander for A LOT longer. Instead of wet cleaners, use polishing media like walnut shells. Oh and when using soap, add a weep hole or two to the top edge of the jar so no pressure builds up.

Offline 2budzracing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 12:44:40 pm »
attached an orbital palm sander the bottom of an old stainless sink with wire and made it tight! Plugged the drain and that was it.I use purple power soap I get from Napa for $14 per 2.5 gallons it works perfect.It works SUPER GOOD on carbs etc.and won't harm the gaskets.You can clean ANYTHING in it,plastic,glass,whatever.My sink is probably 10-12 gallons it will hold a complete 4bbl rochester carb with room to spare.I sure you could make it bigger with just 1 sander....I have cover mine it works so good the soap flies out.To make it a bit quieter I took some rubber foam insulation put on the top rails of a milk crate and it slid right in.you want the sander to breathe.
..oh yeah heated water cuts the clean time in half or more....
President of the Anza Mowtivated Hillbillys
President of the PCLMRA (Pacific Coast Lawn Mower Racing Association)
Owner 2 BUDZ RACING #16 #26 #36 #46
West Coast Regional Director USLMRA

Offline Kutt_N_Dgrass81

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 08:37:02 pm »
Thanks for sharing the info !!  :twothumbsup:
Roy
 TN

anything