Author Topic: New "Turf Stock"  (Read 26978 times)

Offline Zippy 13N

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New "Turf Stock"
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 06:58:14 pm »
Well sorry you cant see the picture i for got that you can't post pictures with a short sleeve shirt on.   :bash:  O well we are suppose to have a play day saturday so maybe I will post some then

Ummm the rules are kinda hard to explain but the biggest ones on chassis is min wheel base max width and it must have a transaxle which really adds to the fun of building LOL  

NH Mowster the hood is 2012 craftsman hood.  I ordered it brand new from sears cause it was short which fit my design and it is really wide which works great with the opposed.  And I liked it a LOT LOL
Derrick Nichols

Offline NH Mowster

• Turf Warrior
  • Wabash Valley Mower Racers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 07:47:08 pm »
OK thanks. I will have to look into that
Holland S8 Oppy powered ModX
FXT

Offline Zippy 13N

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 11:19:49 pm »
We had the play day saturday and it went great!  Since I was the one running the mower I couldn't take any pictures but my girlfriend wanted to make a few laps so I hooked up a throttle stop and let her have at it.  I think she had more fun than me!!!!  She has no driving experience in or on anything other than a regular car and she had no problem driving it.  She said it drives good but the steering is fast! :D   I thought that was a pretty good complement for some one with no racing experience to be able to handle it smoothly.  
Here is a picture of her riding it. O and Marc she has on all the gear unlike me with a short sleeve shirt  :bash:  Hahaha thanks again buddy!

Does anyone know why since the photobucket has changed the IMG Thumb Code isn't clickable or am I picking the wrong link???

Here is a direct link http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x468/Zippy_13N/IMG_0160.png
Derrick Nichols

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 01:25:35 am »
Quote from: Zippy 13N
Does anyone know why since the photobucket has changed the IMG Thumb Code isn't clickable or am I picking the wrong link???

If you have the beta version, go back to the original version of Photobucket.
The features are harder to find, and a few are missing.
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"

Powered by a Full Bug E.C. 20HP Vanguard!!!!

Offline Mowerstompin

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 10:58:19 am »
Yea derrick, I bet she'd give you a run for your money  :P
Cody Whisenhunt #83

Offline Zippy 13N

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 12:08:36 am »
Man she was scaring me with the throttle stop on there aint no way I am letting her on it with it being able to go full throttle.  She would hurt herself! She thinks she is indestructable and that if I can drive it she can hahaha What she doesn't understand is that I have been racing for a LONG time!  Im ready to make a few test laps with the new flywheel but the track still hasn't dried up.  Got that drain in now tho so the water should run out good!
Derrick Nichols

Offline Zippy 13N

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 09:24:42 pm »
Finally got around to uploading some pictures.
 These pictures are not in order the brakes have been on there all along i just havent taken a picture of them.

Engine

Put together Before Paint

The brake set up

The frame after paint

Fenders Painted

Here it is pretty much put together.  I Still have to clean the hood up (it came painted) and wash the seat out.

Derrick Nichols

Offline Darkviper

• Turf Warrior
  • Sponsored by vegascarts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 09:32:21 pm »
Is that flat black? If so nice choice im liking it either way  :woo:
Jonathon Kaup
Sponsored by vegascarts

Offline Zippy 13N

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 09:56:47 pm »
Thanks!  I like the way its coming together

No the frame is a simi gloss and the fenders, hood, and dash as a full gloss black.
Derrick Nichols

Offline Darkviper

• Turf Warrior
  • Sponsored by vegascarts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 09:58:50 pm »
ha i like the black any way you put it on it looks good  :woo:
Jonathon Kaup
Sponsored by vegascarts

Offline Zippy 13N

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 10:11:16 pm »
Thanks!   Hopefully my decals want take too long to get cut im ready to see it with them.  They are gonna be orange and blue to match my race car.
Derrick Nichols

Offline Zippy 13N

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 11:17:48 pm »
I know the build section is here mainly for people to share their ideas to help out other people and I didn't think I had any pictures of how the chassis is designed on mine when I was building it and I still haven't found any pictures, but I am working on another one off of a jig identical to mine.  Other than being 2" longer to compensate for the 6' 5" guy that will be riding it.  I did find a couple pictures of it to share before the square tubing motor mounts are added in.  

Notice how the engine sits down low in the chassis where the tubing is dropped down.  Helps lower the center of gravity an inch lower i believe is what it is and it also make the chassis a lot more ridgid due to it being on a seperate plane from the rest of the tubing.  All of the mowers must have a stock frame/rails (of course) but the frame rails are not put on yet on this mower.  I do all my measurments on the frame and sit it out of the way until everything is welded to the chassis.  (Makes for a lot cleaner work and not the hassel either).

This is the base chassis for all of my mowers.  The only main difference in them are the lenghts to fit the driver.  You can kind of see how the tubing is bent to drop the engine down inside the frame.

Here is a side view of the same mower with the transaxle mounted and the steering installed.

Here is a view from the front with some wheels and tires stuck on it.  I know the camber is off they were 3/4 hubs and this guy wanted 5/8 spindles he just wanted to see it with tires and wheels on it, but it is a pretty good view of the motor mount

Note:  This is not the same mower just some pictures to show how the chassis is designed.
Derrick Nichols

Offline Tazz914

• Turf Warrior
  • tazz914
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 03:30:08 pm »
This mower is cool. What are the rules on these machines?
Thomas Thompson

#3 wheelhorse/widebody hybrid sportsman/sp
#23 mtd mod-xrt/gpt

Offline Zippy 13N

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 11:30:33 pm »
Pretty much you have to run a transaxle and the motor is pretty much open on flat head engines.  Its a really fun class everybody around here really likes it.  If you were to compare it to anything as in cirlce track car racing i would compare it to an open modified. They are really fun to drive haha :woo:
Derrick Nichols

Offline Tazz914

• Turf Warrior
  • tazz914
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 11:38:37 pm »
Sounds awesome
Thomas Thompson

#3 wheelhorse/widebody hybrid sportsman/sp
#23 mtd mod-xrt/gpt

anything