Author Topic: Engines for FXS  (Read 13836 times)

Offline rotten ron

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Engines for FXS
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 02:20:57 am »
I saw the head on your engine Drew.It looked like a stock casting to me

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
Re: Engines for FXS
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 05:53:41 am »
WHat it comes down to the whole rule book applies to each class. Meaning general rules also. REad it all. NOW this motor or that what legal or not. Everyone is doing what they want to do and use what they want to use so until tech does something about it its all legal. Better to ask forgiveness than permission. That seems to be the mind set in this game. NOW legalities the general rules which applies to ALL classes says it must be of mower origin. Clone motors are on everything from tillers to riding mowers now. SO as a techman figure out how to determine which one is or is not legal. NOW the last time I looked under the hoods a BLOCKZILLA was not or never was on any type of equipment its a purpose built race block. HOW is that so hard to understand. It is what it is. Wanna use it go for it. I know a coupole machines out there running purpose built race motors now, for example animal motors, they aint power equipment motors they be race motors, seen a blockzilla too. SO if tech dont do nothing your ok. BUT they just might its a 50/50 gamble. BUT why spend that amount of money to MAYBE be competetive. I drove a 5 hp motor, and trust me as bad as it was your on the ragged edge the whole time and not just anyone will run them up front.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!