Author Topic: peerless  (Read 2242 times)

Offline EUBANK RACING

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
peerless
« on: August 23, 2012, 08:54:22 pm »
 I just came in from an adventure in which I found the ramains of an old mower. Not sure what it was/is but it has a peerless mod 702  with a 3330     7537 under this, is this a desireable transmission to build, didn't know if it would be the same inside as a 700 or if all 700 numbers are basically the same, this thing also has a 1" rear axle with a differential which I suppose I should put in the shed for some future use. Thanks in advance for any input you got on this transmission
\"Micah\"

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Re: peerless
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 10:17:07 pm »
That would be a 700-702
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"

Powered by a Full Bug E.C. 20HP Vanguard!!!!

Offline more4les

• Mow-Forum Junkie
  • FatBoyZ Racing - Mowin' Down the Competition!
    • View Profile
    • Northern  NY Lawn Mower Racing
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 10:27:42 pm »
5 speed, no steel gears, on bushings. Would be ok on jr/imow machine.

Lester
2012 & 2014 Sportsman Champion (Builder/Owner), 2013 2nd.
2011 - 2014 Pro-Mod Champion, 2011, 2014 2nd Builder/Owner
2008-2013 Pro-Stock Champion (2009-13 Builder/Owner)
2007 Pro-Mod Champion
Founder of NNYLMR
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/NNYLMR/
Front Yard Chassis
Impact Racing Engines
http://www.facebook.com/groups/NNYLMR/
SKYPE ME: more4les

Offline EUBANK RACING

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 06:08:41 pm »
OK, so I've tore into this trans now. I have read many post on these trans trying to find answers and now I have confused myself thinking my harddrive is to full and starting to crash. I'm sure it it on here some where and maybe when I get more experience with this trans I can quit asking so many questions but here it goes. What I have found is the input gear needs replaced, I would like to replace it with steel meaning I need to replace the bevel gear also with steel. Would like to replace 3rd gears with steel also. Do I need to replace anyother gears with steel since I will not be using any others for racing purpose? The bevel gear is cast with a 15 tooth gear attached, so I assume I will need this 15 toooth gear also? Should I leave out 4th and 5th and make spacers? Will these steel gears work on my shafts? And if anybody has part numbers that would be great? SORRY ABOUT ALL THE QUESTIONS, but there is nothing better than asking someone that know when you want to do something right the first time.
\"Micah\"

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 07:27:07 pm »
What I have found is the input gear needs replaced, I would like to replace it with steel meaning I need to replace the bevel gear also with steel. Would like to replace 3rd gears with steel also.

You are looking at over $140 right now, $200 gets you a race prepped tranny from EC.
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"