Author Topic: Saturday August 11, 2012 McConnellsburg, PA Fulton County Fair Race  (Read 479 times)

Offline oldtractornut

• View Profile
The Fulton County Small Engine Club will be putting on a race Saturday night August 11th at the Fulton County Fairgrounds in McConnellsburg, PA.

The race will be part of the Fulton County Fair show. Things have changed a little this year. The Fulton County Fair Association requested that we put on the race the evening before the fair "officially starts".

So, the fairgrounds will be very busy!! Fair participants will be coming in with animals and vendors will be setting up, however, the midway won't be running and most vendors will not be open.

The Fair Association has advertised a 7:00 P.M. starting time.

That means the race will probably finish under lights.

For those of you that have never been to our track, its a long one! It's a shade over 300 feet straightway down the tractor pulling track, to a sharp bumpy left turn, to a bit of a road course down the back side with gentle right and left turns, then to one big swooping left turn around the stage, and back down the straightway.

I walked it off with a measuring tape wheel. The track was 766 feet long.

We will race whatever ARMA classes that we have enough mowers to run in. In addition the Fair Association always includes a local church pastors race.

If ya'll would lke to participate in, or if ya'll want to watch a good evening of mower racing partially under lights, come on up, over, or down (depending on where your from) on Saturday August 11th and see us.

I'd like to get tech and registration started at 5:30 P.M. I'd also like to have help earlier to get the track set up. The more help the better.

McCONNELLSBURG, PA is in South central Pennsylvania.

PA State Route 30 and PA State Route 522 cross in McConnellsburg. PA State Route 16 also comes into McConnellsburg. We're about 9 miles South of the PA Turnpike Rte 76.

Nearby towns:
Breezewood PA- 25 minutes
Hancock, MD- 25 minutes
Cumberland, MD - 1-15 hour & minutes
Berkley Springs, WV - 30 minutes
Winchester, VA - 1 hour & 15 minutes
Hagerstown, MD - 45 minutes
Chambersburg, PA 30 minutes
Carlilse, PA - 1 hour & 15 minutes
Huntington, PA - 1 hour

If ya have any questions give me a holler.

P.S.

MS. Grubdigger, I don't know about the *FUNNEL CAKE* vender. Since we're actually racing the day before the fair "officially starts", I do not know how many vendors will be willing to open up for Fairgoer's that are bringing stuff in and out.

Shain Mellott
President, Fulton County Small Engine Club
(717)-658-6580

anything