Author Topic: Geos W.O.O Modified Build  (Read 11767 times)

Offline foolnhismoney

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • MP Mowersports
Re: Geos W.O.O Modified Build
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 02:55:37 pm »
sorry you must have changed it sence picture number 37 in your pkoto bucket my bad. :oops:

Offline George #22

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.extrememowers.com
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 11:01:58 am »
lol yea sorry. There was a picture in there where i had it tacked on the wrong side LOL. the current picture on the forum should be correct.

I have noticed a new problem, my chain is getting very hot and burning off the oil and seizing. I switched out the idler to a sprocket style and Im still having this issue. Is this due to it being ran on its side ? I went through an entire box of chain last night trouble shooting this with different idlers, tried the chain loose, everything and it is still heating up. Everything on the driveline rotates smoothly and the sproket alignment is good as well. I did completly rebuild the transaxle with bearings in the input, new seals and an over flow can to vent it and allow the oil to drain back into the transaxle. The good news is the transaxle did not get hot as it did before, but I can foresee some chain issues at todays race that hopefuly do not turn into to much stress on the input causing another tansaxle failure LOL.
George Nussey
#22 OutLaw

2007 Soltra SuperMod Pts Champion
2006 & 2007 Canadian Nationals Open Class Champion
www.extrememowers.com
www.westernontariooutlaws.com

Offline Fourmi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 03:08:57 pm »
Nice machine ! :woo:

Offline George #22

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.extrememowers.com
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 10:29:26 pm »
Well ... I re-did the secondary drive line with #35 chain to see if I could get away from it heating up. I believe it was heating because of the small sprocket (12T) it had to rotate around on the transaxle. Its going to mess up my gearing a bit and I can no longer shift into first due to location change of teh sprockets ( I had a custom made hub for the 40 chain with bolt on sprockets) but its now also lower on the input shaft, which should reduce bearing friction. I did a quick test and the chain got warm but not hot, so i guess it will be put to its real test this weekend.

George Nussey
#22 OutLaw

2007 Soltra SuperMod Pts Champion
2006 & 2007 Canadian Nationals Open Class Champion
www.extrememowers.com
www.westernontariooutlaws.com