Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 73439 times)

Offline Jim Knutson

• Mow-Forum Junkie
  • i didnt break it......i modified it!
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2013, 12:23:02 pm »
welcome Dave. I am from Salem, and there is a track in Estacada, and Wamic. I know thats a drive for you, but feel free to join us racing anytime you can. It's great seeing the sport continue to grow here in the N.W. If you have any questions, get a hold of me- Jim.
If you quit when you're behind, you will never win.

Offline Denno

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2013, 12:52:31 am »
Hi. My name is Dennis and I live in willows california. I've never ridden a racing mower or watched a race but I've got some land and a few friends who would like to build some low buck mowers to race around for fun. Great site and I hope to learn as much as possible.
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2013, 07:56:41 am »
Hi. My name is Dennis and I live in willows california. I've never ridden a racing mower or watched a race but I've got some land and a few friends who would like to build some low buck mowers to race around for fun. Great site and I hope to learn as much as possible.

Sac Valley Mower Racers on Facebook
www.bonewco.com

Get in touch with BoNewCo, they are established, and not far from you.
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"

Powered by a Full Bug E.C. 20HP Vanguard!!!!

Plumcrazy

« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2013, 09:06:56 pm »
Plumcrazy, Newbie saw a race in the Michigan recently.
Decided to try my hand at another project!

Offline matthewfortson

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2013, 11:53:35 pm »
Hey everyone my name is Matthew fortson and I am from Rincon Georgia. I recently received a couple lawn mowers from a man nearby who used to do tractor pulls before they stoped holding them. He gave me two lawn mowers for fifty dollars and a destruction of an old hang out that I built that was visible from his driveway. It was a Murray rear engine and a Murray 83 and I love that one. I started the build and did some research and discovered the costs of everything and that almost ruined it for me. But I will be turning 16 soon so I will be putting in an application for a job at a small engine repair shop. I am pretty handy with my hands, I enjoy this hobby and infact it's actually affected my grades due to the fact that all I think about while at school is what I'm going to do to the 83 when I get home. I would like to find someone around here that messes with this kind of stuff that I could get some tips from. I have done a pully swap on it but nothing more. I intend on removing the governor from the engine and replacing the internal components and the flywheel and as I stated earlier, I ran into a problem with the money so I have come to a stop with the engine and I am now painting. Well I have so much more to talk about but if I keep on it will end up as a life story haha.But anyway I'm so glad I have found this forum so that I could get some valuable information from some people from all over and with different experiences.

Racerdanny18

« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2013, 02:47:36 am »
I'm Daniel Adams, I'm from Casper, Wyoming. I have never raced a lawn mower. But i do race dirt mini stocks at the dirt track here. Which are 4 clynder 2.5 liter motors. I recently found a 1980 mtd mower with a 125cc kalaskawki in it. And the idea of racing is the first thing that came to me. They race mowers in a few small towns around my state. And there I know I could get in to it more and learn. Having a big truck I feel I can bring my regular racecar and the mower to the races that run both. Thanks for the awesome threads on this site I hope to read and learn a lot more about this sport to someday be pro like the guys I see on the speed channel.

Offline matthewfortson

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2013, 09:59:43 pm »
New guy here from Fort Pierce FL. I have done my fair share of custom builds but I wanted to try something new. What better way then lawn mower racin. I am currently employed at the nuclear power plant as a utility worker but only as a temp. I only work the outages waiting for a full time job to open up. I also help advertise for my folks company Costal Embroidery and Hat Comp. They can pretty much do anything that you can think of from screen printing to banners cozies hats anything really. I’m looking to run at the Avon Park track and they go by the USLMRA rules. I’m not a 100% sure on how to build a mower to be able to compete with these guys and ladies and stay within the rules. I have a Scotts mower that I was thinking of using but don’t know if that’s something that I should use. Let me know what you think. I’m looking forward to the build and to get to know you guys.

This is a swamp buggy me and my buddy built from ground up all custom.

Hey man my dad worked at a nuclear plant well he worked at plant votgle.what plant do you work at and also I may be able to help you.I may not have much experience but I could help you get started

Offline maddmatt926

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2013, 02:40:19 pm »
Hi everyone.  Im new to lawnmower racing and racing altogether for that matter.  Lawnmower racing has always been a childhood dream of mine and I'm finally at a point in my life that I can pursue it.   I live in south Arkansas and the only problem i see with this new adveture of mine is I cant find any races in this area. If anybody knows where some races are around here i would appreciate the info.

Offline royalblu68f100

• Mow-Forum Junkie
  • Cartwheels are a helluva ride if you can hold on!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2013, 09:19:20 am »
Contact MurrDawg-aka Jason Murray on here.  He is the president of the Arkansas Lawn Mower Racing Association.
You never win a race by focusing on one aspect of the race!  Motor isn't everything, but you better have a good one!  Chassis too!  But remember, a driver can take a slow machine and make it faster!  I may not have/be the best of any of these but I'm trying!
Chris Cox- CP/Mod X, AP
2016 ALL AMERICAN CP/Mod X Champion
2015 USLMRA AP Champion
2014 USLMRA AP Runner Up
2013 USLMRA AP Champion
2012 SRUSAAO ModX/CP Champion
2012 USLMRA CP Champion
2012 US Open AP Champion
2011 SRUSAAO MOD-X/CP Champion
2011 USLMRA FX Points Runner up
2011 GALMRA CP Points Champion

Offline Skeeter

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2013, 12:21:09 pm »
Maddmatt926, I am in Hope, Arkansas. If you need any help send me a pm and I will help all I can.
Scott W. Bittle
#396 The "Mowlenium Falcon"
2007 LSMRA "Rookie of the Year"
2008 LSMRA "Driver of the Year"
2008 LSMRA S/P Champion
2008 LSMRA F/X Champion
2009 LSMRA C/P Champion
2010 LSMRA A/P Champion
2011 LSMRA IMOW Champion

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

Offline 3v0

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2013, 09:20:14 pm »
I am from the oklahoma panhandle and do not know that anyone is racing  mowers here.   But I was thinking I might see what I could do with one to have some fun.   I also have several small engines that need work or rebuilding. 

Offline racerfan67

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2013, 07:27:00 am »
Hello to all......my name is Leonard ( Gene ) Griffiss, I'm a 67 year old w/m from Quincy,Fl. I have been a Drag Racer for 50+ years and have retired , now I'm wanting to play with lawn mowers, going to start out slow and then move up to a fast speed ...
I also ride motorcycles and I have a 1960 Cushman Eagle scooter ....also I like all model cars, but I'm a Chevy man for sure ..
Leonard (  Gene )  Griffiss

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2013, 08:00:12 am »
I am from the oklahoma panhandle and do not know that anyone is racing  mowers here.   But I was thinking I might see what I could do with one to have some fun.   I also have several small engines that need work or rebuilding. 
WELCOME!
Hello to all......my name is Leonard ( Gene ) Griffiss, I'm a 67 year old w/m from Quincy,Fl. I have been a Drag Racer for 50+ years and have retired , now I'm wanting to play with lawn mowers, going to start out slow and then move up to a fast speed ...
I also ride motorcycles and I have a 1960 Cushman Eagle scooter ....also I like all model cars, but I'm a Chevy man for sure ..
WELCOME!
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline Chief

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2015, 03:24:40 pm »
Hello everyone
My name is Don from NE Ohio, new to mower racing and the forum just wantedto say Hi.

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2015, 12:23:44 pm »
Welcome, find the rules you will race to, and check out the builds section
for plenty ideas and several plans start to finish.
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"