Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 73431 times)

Offline toolowtomow

• View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2012, 08:49:31 am »
Hello to all who enjoy this site.  I'm not new to the site, but never did introduce myself when I joined.  Have been racing about three years here in SC and its the most fun I've had with my clothes on.  I'm currently racing an older model Craftsman with a stock 18 Vanguard and am building a 21 Vanguard.  It won't be stock.  I've raced at several tracks in SC, with two SOMA  sanctioned and three independent that race karts and mowers.  Would love to find others in the central SC area.  I'm Bobby and race #55.  A short plug for those who maintain this site - keep up the great job!!
Remember this, race hard but race safe.
bpracer

Offline neremusnav

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2013, 09:25:21 pm »
Hello Everyone.  My name is neremusnav from Parma Michigan.  I'm new to racing mowersports.  I got a project mower going and a few donors in the yard.  As of now I'm building to race my buddies around a track in my yard but it may turn legit someday. 

Offline Tazz914

• Turf Warrior
  • tazz914
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2013, 09:58:53 pm »
Welcome to heymow, best thing to do is ask questions, read rules, and look at the builds, we are all willing to help
Thomas Thompson

#3 wheelhorse/widebody hybrid sportsman/sp
#23 mtd mod-xrt/gpt

Offline Richard Bechtel

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2013, 09:16:34 pm »
Hey everyone my name is Richard Bechtel and I am from Olpe, KS which is just south of Emporia. I am kinda new to this site but I have been racing mowers since 2011. I will admit I still got a lot to learn and that is why I am here on this site. Got into the sport kinda by a challenge decided to build one and was hooked ever since. Plus I was looking for a cheap way to have fun without getting into trouble due to being a college student. We have a local races around here but the only classes we have are SS classes due to the type of tracks we have and safety reasons. Wouldn't mind one day watching the big boys race and maybe work my way up to be able to race with them.
Richard Bechtel #777

Offline Tim Ladnier

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2013, 09:36:33 pm »
Tim Ladnier here from Mobile,Al. I have been on here for several weeks and have learned tons of info. Fire medic with the City of Mobile and my son Braden ran his first race with the Dixie Outlaws in the S/S class . We are hooked!!!! Thanks to all that have helped, especially Kerry Evans and Michael Bullington. This is an awesome sport.
Tim

HNMRacing

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2013, 07:45:23 pm »
Hey!!(: My name is Hailee from Fallbrook, CA! I've already participated in several races on someone's mower and then I just got mine all finish up and just race it last week! :) I am looking forward to learn some new stuff and get to know you folks!! Have a great day!

Offline Lawnmoore

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2013, 06:58:26 am »
I'm from Southeast Missouri I've been racing mowers for years having a blast. Just wanted to Introduce myself.

pop pop

« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2013, 09:48:31 pm »
Hi all....my grandkids and a few friends call me "pop pop"....Dave works fine as well!! :D
I'm an old fart....:censored: near 63....I have a love of all things mechanical and inparticular anything with wheels!
I've only been to one lawn mower race about 7 years ago in Cedarville south Jersey.I couldn't believe that you could make a Lawn mower go 45 mph!!!! :woo: :D
Well.....I've had a notion ta bild me one...although it wont be one I can race in sanctioned lawnmower races....it'll have a horizontal shaft clone motor probably displacing at least 420 cc.
It'll look like a cross between a gokart and a small rider.
>>VIDEO IS ON A ROAD< RIDER HAS NO GEAR ON> <DELETED> hope this link comes through OK.
That young man gave me the inspiration to build something as cool as he did!!
At anyrate I have a small weld shop with some machine shop equip. in it......I hope to get on my build sometime in mid to late august
That's about it for now!!! :D

Offline drosie186

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2013, 11:51:50 am »
Hey yall. I'm Derek and I am from Sparta Mi. I have been to a couple races but have never built one. I am finally ready to start my first build. Will be looking here for a lot of information and will appreciate all that I can get from all of you.
Serious newbie!

Offline jptyler

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2013, 09:28:33 pm »
hey there guys im josh from splendora tx I have a wizard mower made by mtd. equipped with a Briggs and Stratton 15.5 hp C I ohv. I would like to race in the c/p class. Im looking forward to meeting some of you mow rodders and learn some stuff. 1st things first engine where can i find high performance pistons rods cams to beef it up. Thanks
jtyler

Offline oldironstan62

• oldironstan62
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2013, 05:59:08 pm »
Relatively new to mower racing.  I have been viewing heymow forum for sometime now. I am finally going to pull the trigger and build a racing mower.   I have been garden tractor pulling for several years, but I am looking for something else to do now.  My wife is behind this as she thinks it will  be more fun to watch than gardentractor pulling.   A local racetrack promoter is looking to add lawn mower racing to his venue.    I'm looking at the rules and pictures of other mowers trying to decide what to build.  I have raced go karts and stock cars in the past, so I know just enough to be dangerous. hahaha.  So far tis forum has been very helpful.   Thanks
I would also like to mention that I'm located in west central Minnesota, so if anyone is interested in racing out here let me know.   Hopefully we can get regular racces in Redwood Falls Minnesota.
Stan Kompelien

Offline wayfat

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2013, 10:03:36 pm »
Hey Oldiron, I am in New Ulm, MN.  If there is anything I can help with to get you started let me know.  I have a GP and an AP that I race.  Check out the Minnesota lawn mower racing association (MNLMRA) website or look us up on Yahoo Groups or Facebook to see what we have going on.  If you are up for a bit of a drive, there is a race at Hawks Bar in Monticello, MN this Saturday where you could get some info from some of our members.
Wayfat

Offline Disco Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2013, 11:23:12 am »
Disco Mike here.  I run stock and s/p classes in the Rocky mountain Lawn Mower racing association.
we race mainly in norther colorado.  this was my 1st year racing. I blew the motor in my s/p and will do a new build this fall/winter.

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2013, 12:53:26 pm »
WELCOME! Do you build your own engines? There is A LOT of help for building around here. Just use the left search button [the right one doesn't work as well].
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

atwill

« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2013, 01:38:09 am »
Hi all I'm Dave from Medford Oregon. I worked 13 years as a service manager for a power equipment shop. Got started racing in 2000. "Retired" in 2008. Went to go check out a race a few weeks ago, and my friends asked if I wanted to hop on their extra mower and run in the class. After my first place finish in the main, I'm officially sucked back in. Now working on a mower for the first time in a few years. Seems a lot more fun this time around.

anything