Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 73427 times)

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 11:44:49 pm »
Welcome to the site all the newcomers. While you may have questions, many have probably already been asked. You will find the search feature at the top left of the page to be a big help. If you dont find an answer or still unsure of your answer, just remember the only dumb question is the one you didnt ask.
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline stealthviper15

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2012, 09:14:15 am »
Hey, my names chris and I live in florida, I've always been interested in cars and have always worked on them. So when I was offered a free riding mower I didn't refuse and instantly wanted to build a racing mower! Its a ltd1000 craftsmen. Not for sure of the year! But ill make a build thread later for it! I'm here because I know a lot about car motors BUT not lawn mower motors or how to build them! Soo look foward to plenty of questions!

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2012, 09:25:53 am »
THATS COOL!  WELCOME!  WHAT PART OF FLORIDA?
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline stealthviper15

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2012, 12:28:50 pm »
Central florida!  Clermont orlando area!

twisted

« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2012, 02:59:49 pm »
Hey guys and gals,

Two new racers here, myself(Matt) and my 11yr old nephew(Ethan). we are working on building are own mowers. I am hoping to get one set up for him in the JP class and one for myself in IMOW. We are from central MN. Here is a little about us. I am a high performance engine builder/ machinist by trade and I am also in the MN army national guard. For ethan he has a big passion for Atv,snowmobiles and now Racing mowers  :D.  Looking forward to all the excitment in mower racing and what seam to be like a big family of racers

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2012, 03:21:28 pm »
WELCOME!
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Mikemows

« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2012, 03:00:33 am »
New guy here from Fort Pierce FL. I have done my fair share of custom builds but I wanted to try something new. What better way then lawn mower racin. I am currently employed at the nuclear power plant as a utility worker but only as a temp. I only work the outages waiting for a full time job to open up. I also help advertise for my folks company Costal Embroidery and Hat Comp. They can pretty much do anything that you can think of from screen printing to banners cozies hats anything really. I’m looking to run at the Avon Park track and they go by the USLMRA rules. I’m not a 100% sure on how to build a mower to be able to compete with these guys and ladies and stay within the rules. I have a Scotts mower that I was thinking of using but don’t know if that’s something that I should use. Let me know what you think. I’m looking forward to the build and to get to know you guys.

This is a swamp buggy me and my buddy built from ground up all custom.

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2012, 11:57:53 am »
New guy here from Fort Pierce FL. I’m looking to run at the Avon Park track and they go by the USLMRA rules. I’m not a 100% sure on how to build a mower to be able to compete with these guys and ladies and stay within the rules.

I am sure one of the Avon Park folks will contact you, when they see you are interested.
I have not seen their schedule, so I do not know if they have any winter racing.
I would definately go look at some mowers before you start to take your mower apart.
Welcome to the site.

Marc
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"