Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 73449 times)

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 02:41:46 pm »
Hey Adam!
I'm from Coffeyville!
We are doing an exhibition type event in Claremore next weekend, you should come check us out!
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 03:41:21 pm »
Hey Adam!
I'm from Coffeyville!
We are doing an exhibition type event in Claremore next weekend, you should come check us out!

What he means is bring corn!
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline flyinBranch

• AHLMR ACP
  • Turf Warrior
  • AHLMR Local chapter president
    • View Profile
    • American Heartland LawnMower Racers
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 04:03:03 pm »
june 23rd in claremore welcome adam
Live like a legend, Ride like a cowboy, Party like a rock star.
Larry Benning #36X

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 05:43:23 pm »
What he means is bring corn!
Pop COrn, Candy Corn, COrn On the Cob, Corn Rows, Corn Beef, Corn Casserole...I'm not picky!
Bert stole my cookies!!

Offline Jim Knutson

• Mow-Forum Junkie
  • i didnt break it......i modified it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 08:12:00 pm »
Pop COrn, Candy Corn, COrn On the Cob, Corn Rows, Corn Beef, Corn Casserole...I'm not picky!
slow down Bubba, Forest cant keep up!
If you quit when you're behind, you will never win.

Offline wegian_63

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 05:15:11 pm »
rooster - we have privately owned land that we have made tracks on.  It is also used to race dirt karts and atv's setup for flat track racing.

We have only recently started racing mowers, which are my favorite to date!  currently on a stx38 build, i was given 2 - stx38s from my father inlaw who owns a jd dealership.  they were trade ins and older, so he tossed them my way.  i also have a murray with 14.5 that I have ran for 1 year that I built off of reading these threads.
Chris Zachariason

No Gutz No Glory!!

Offline Todd99

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 06:10:43 pm »
Hi everyone my name is Todd Tornow and i live in Tampico,Illinois i am the President of the Tampico Lawnmower Racing Assoc. and the Illinois Lawnmower Racing Assoc.
Todd

Offline Playtoy_18

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 05:41:11 pm »
I'm Eddie and live in Oklahoma.
I do not have a racing mower,and have never raced or seen an event (though I am definately no stranger to racecars,building or tracks lol)
I built a "race" mower a few years ago and planned to attend some races,however none were close enough to attend due to my home situation.
Eventually dismantled the deathtrap (never got suspension right) but have stored enough parts to build another should any races come my way.
Otherwise i'm mainly here for the wealth of info on mowers and small engines period.
Since I can't afford a tractor,i've been simply modifying my mower to handle the various jobs on a smaller scale.
One day i'll have one out there though.
Till then I use this forum to learn all I can so my next "race" mower is safer,more functional and faster.

Offline mrmurphy1025

• i found my mow-jo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 01:48:53 pm »
Hi, my names Clint from Beaumont TX. Im new to mower racing, watched it for years, now im building one and askin myself, why did i never think of this before?... lol I found this site and really wanted to join in hopes of meeting cool people to share the fun with and learn from. Got a Huffy broadlawn mower im turning into an FX mower. Also got an 18.5 hp Briggs oppy for it and need info on building it so any info would be greatly appreciated!!!  thanks, clint.
the older i get, the better i use to be...

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 03:01:33 pm »
Hi, my names Clint from Beaumont TX. Im new to mower racing, watched it for years, now im building one and askin myself, why did i never think of this before?... lol I found this site and really wanted to join in hopes of meeting cool people to share the fun with and learn from. Got a Huffy broadlawn mower im turning into an FX mower. Also got an 18.5 hp Briggs oppy for it and need info on building it so any info would be greatly appreciated!!!  thanks, clint.

Welcome to mower racing. You will find a wealth of info on the oppy in the briggs flathead section as far as mods go to the engine. Oppy can help ..............Oops I meant Rooster can help you on that one. He dreams oppys, breathes oppys, and lives oppys. I even heard he uses the oppy engine fan cover as a stand for his eating plate. :lol:
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 05:55:34 pm »
Your already ahead of yourself...rofl!
You do not want an FX as a beginner, and an Oppy is not legal in FX....and your Huffy is not legal in C/P which is where Oppy's live.

Sincerely ,
Oppy...Oops I mean Rooster

I even heard he uses the oppy engine fan cover as a stand for his eating plate. :lol:
That is a lie!
I use a 40 cube block & crank, had to put pulley and flywheel back on so I didn't have to eat equal amounts of food off each side of plate. You think balancing a 2 spot crank is tough, try balancing steak and taters on the end of that crank!
...fan cover wasn't tall enough and I kept hurting my neck bending over to reach the corn!
Bert stole my cookies!!

Offline mrmurphy1025

• i found my mow-jo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 06:27:51 pm »
why is the huffy not legal in the c/p class? im gonna run the oppy for now to play with. no one in my area races mowers, so im hoping if i show up with it at a play day or " run what you brung" race at the kart track here, it will peak the intrest of a few people to build some of these mower cause they tell me it takes 3 to make a class. if this happens then i'll put a legal motor on it.  i use to race karts alot and have several friends who still do so i wouldnt exactly call myself a beginner, but i appreciate the concern... if nothing else, ill build a C/P mower for the girlfriend and just put the oppy on it!!

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 06:30:16 pm »
The huffy does not meet the minimum wheel base for a CP.
Bert stole my cookies!!

Offline mrmurphy1025

• i found my mow-jo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 06:39:27 pm »
there's a bunch of different mower assc. out there with there own rules.. lol you know how that goes, who's rules do i need to use? thanks for the info man!!

Offline Jim Knutson

• Mow-Forum Junkie
  • i didnt break it......i modified it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 07:01:11 pm »
figure out which club is close to you and get a copy of their rules. :D
If you quit when you're behind, you will never win.