Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 73454 times)

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
Introduce Yourself
« on: May 11, 2012, 11:38:59 am »
If your new to Mower Racing or Heymow, reply here with an introduction.
 Let us know where you are and what your doing.
We are not asking for "sensitive information", Knowing your location can help us help you get connected with other racers in your area!

Note: There are other "introduction" threads, if you have already replied to one of those they will be integrated in time.
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline Sherman Underwood

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:03:55 am »
kinda new but I'd though I would be the first :D,  I have been in the mower & chain saw repair business since 1990.
Open up my own shop in 2005. rest of the info is in my signature....anything else you want to know just ask...
my # is 252-312-9615
Owner of Albemarle Power Equipment LLC & A.P.E. Motorsports

we are located @ 1472 Northside rd Elizabeth City NC 27909  stop on by..!!!!

I'm a Briggs & Kolher Master tech....mower mechanic for 18 plus years...!!!!

Thanks, Sherman @ 252-312-9615

Offline McKayjosh1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 05:11:13 pm »
Never raced lawn mowers before, my name is Josh Mckay and I am currently building my first mowchine. I live in southern Ohio (Washington Courthouse,43160) I own McKay's Jerseys a small herd of show cattle and plan on using this as my hobby. Been restoring and repairing small engine machines since I could read.
Josh

Offline throttlen8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 08:02:47 pm »
hey guys. my name is n8 (nate) from southern wv and just getting into building a mower. have no idea where to start but i'm pretty good researcher and catch on quick. just picked up my first project today. 14.5 hp b/s mtd signature 2000 series.
mechanically challenged need all the help i can get

Offline blueline65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 10:26:01 am »
OK since I'm new I will start here!   been lurking here for a few weeks, Went to a local race meet some great folks. Bought a Murry 12 hp plan to run it in SS, and build a C/P as time and mowney allow. My sights are on B/P and a big twin but not an imediate goal. loooks like we  will run 4 or 6  races a year! I have been overwhelmed with the knowledge and hospitality of this site. A big thank you to all of you..

paul
future sod slinger
Paul Wilkerson
future sod slinger

Offline Henpeck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 10:50:20 am »
Henpeck here, a newbie as a newbie can be. NE FL area. Sight is great, Already wore out a pair of reading glasses. Just picked up a craftsman w/ V twin. Looking forward to catching a few races soon and have a lot to learn before I jump neck deep in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joker Z

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 11:34:15 am »
Dustin Clapsaddle from Marlette, Michigan heart of the thumb i am still building my new racer lawn mower racing is in my opinion the best motor sport out there and this Racing Forum has made this sport much safer and ez to get parts and and  lets people no how serious we are about this sport     :dancing:
Dustin clapsaddle

Offline p00ch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 11:29:13 pm »
Pooch here from Jane Lew Wv. Starting from scratch, never built a racing mower before. I found some videos on you tube and now I have the itch. I am currently on the lookout for a mower to start with, but I have no clue where to start. Hoping to find some info here and get a build underway, the down side ... there is no track near me (that I know of?).

Offline HarlyHunk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 03:18:57 pm »
Hello! My name is Ray Adams and I live in Mooresville, NC, Race City USA. I'm surrounded by NASCAR race teams, but never got the racing bug, until I made a trip to Joplin, MO. Some friends turned me on to mower racing and it appealed to me in a big way. You see, I have this MTD, without a mower deck, that is just begging to have something done with it. I work for an international printing press manufacturer as a field service technician, covering North America and the Caribbean, so I'm not too terribly mechanically inept and I have a modest workshop of 22' x 22'. I have built some small engine specialty vehicles, mostly for fun and some as work vehicles. My current vehicle build is a civilian version of an M274 Mechanical Mule, which I plan on sharing and asking for opinions and such. I absolutely agree with the idea of safety and I tend to over engineer everything I build, with an eye towards safety, efficiency, reliability and longevity.

Ray 

Offline wegian_63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 05:37:33 pm »
Hey everyone, I am knew to Mower racing, I built my first mower last year by following some threads on here.  I am working on a new one right now.  Me and some friends started racing them last year and we have been getting more people involved in our few time a year racing events here in the Minnesota.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you to everyone that posts on here to help newbies like me get started.
Chris Zachariason

No Gutz No Glory!!

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 08:19:54 pm »
Hey everyone, I am knew to Mower racing, I built my first mower last year by following some threads on here.  I am working on a new one right now.  Me and some friends started racing them last year and we have been getting more people involved in our few time a year racing events here in the Minnesota.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you to everyone that posts on here to help newbies like me get started.

What's your name... lol
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"