Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 73444 times)

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 10:48:35 am »
The LSMRA is in Texas, they race all over the state.

And with that ..we are getting this thread off track.....

Welcome to Heymow Clint, and to the SPort.
Read the newcomers threads and some searches on rules will answer alot of your question.
Any that you still have, feel free to post a question in the appropriate board!
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline mrmurphy1025

• i found my mow-jo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 12:37:59 pm »
The LSMRA is in Texas, they race all over the state.

And with that ..we are getting this thread off track.....

Welcome to Heymow Clint, and to the SPort.
Read the newcomers threads and some searches on rules will answer alot of your question.
Any that you still have, feel free to post a question in the appropriate board!

thanks again bro!!
the older i get, the better i use to be...

Offline ARC C63

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/#!/arcoon
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 02:19:45 pm »
Hello! My name is Ray Adams and I live in Mooresville, NC, Race City USA. I'm surrounded by NASCAR race teams, but never got the racing bug, until I made a trip to Joplin, MO. Some friends turned me on to mower racing and it appealed to me in a big way. You see, I have this MTD, without a mower deck, that is just begging to have something done with it. I work for an international printing press manufacturer as a field service technician, covering North America and the Caribbean, so I'm not too terribly mechanically inept and I have a modest workshop of 22' x 22'. I have built some small engine specialty vehicles, mostly for fun and some as work vehicles. My current vehicle build is a civilian version of an M274 Mechanical Mule, which I plan on sharing and asking for opinions and such. I absolutely agree with the idea of safety and I tend to over engineer everything I build, with an eye towards safety, efficiency, reliability and longevity.

Ray 

you said you live in mooresville its funny it me to see mower racer for thare
becouse i live in mooresvillle for 2 year and i did hear a peep about mower when i was down there
i went to nascar tech then moved back 2 ct is when i fiond out about mower racing
C63            NELMRA
class Stock and SPB(aka crash test dumbs)
2010 Stock Class Champine

BIRTFT

Offline Ducati250Single

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2012, 08:31:01 am »
Hello, my name is Mark, and I live close to Kankakee in Illinois. I've been interested in lawn mower racing for quite some time now. I would like to build one if, for nothing else, just to blast around our 3 acres of property, theres plenty of room to make an interesting track. Been in love with everything motorized all my life, when I was younger, I took a childs tricycle and put a 2 1/2 hp briggs and stratton on it, it was belt drive and went 30 mph. Glad to be here!  8)
Young Enough To Know Better, But Too Old To Care

lake_richard

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 11:13:41 am »
hey all...im very new to this,just picked up a murray and a craftsmen mower..im open for any and all advice..im from lakeport california looking to have a blast at this!

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 11:34:16 am »
hey all...im very new to this,just picked up a murray and a craftsmen mower..im open for any and all advice..im from lakeport california looking to have a blast at this!

30 miles north of you is Potter Valley, a great bunch of guys race there, you have found a good race club.
Someone will probably PM you.
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"

Powered by a Full Bug E.C. 20HP Vanguard!!!!

Offline slow_mow

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The West Coast Grass Assassins on Facebook
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 01:41:49 pm »

Richard,
    I'm one of the racers from the Potter Valley Group.  Next Saturday, July 7th, we're hosting our second annual ARMA national points race at the rodeo grounds in Potter Valley. For more info on our club, you can check us out on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/wcgrassassassins I'm also going to send you a pm with my contact info, feel free to give me a call.  
Jake Green - #1
Team Loco-"Mow"tion
The West Coast Grass Assassins: http://www.facebook.com/wcgrassassassins

Offline dirtbike

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 10:25:54 pm »
Hello my name is Chuck Colburn, I live in Carbon Hill, AL. One of my best friends is Micheal Johnson who owns Full Throttle Speedway, I have helped him with some of the races put on between him and Bama/Tenn Mower Association and have had a blast. I helped him build his first mower and watched him build alot more.  I am a motorcycle tech. buy trade but I have alot of experiance in small engine repair, I have been trying to open me a small engine repair shop because I want to work for myself. I am also wanting to learn how to build high performance engines for go-karters, mower racers, golf carts and any other use of a performance engine. I would also like to build race mowers to sale.
I got on this fourm to learn about mower raceing for my friend but now I am wanting to know all I can to help me start my business. I would enjoy meeting all the members I can because I don't like enemies, I enjoy makeing friends

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2012, 07:37:43 pm »
WELCOME! I have the same thoughts of opening my own business for small engines. Doing machine work on all kinds of small engines, from Harleys to lawn mowers, stock to modified. Good luck too you on wanting to work for yourself, you will need good family support and a good clear head! Keep us informed on how It's going! :twothumbsup:
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

dstcktn

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 09:00:58 am »
Hello everyone!! 8) new to mower racing, am going to build an IMOW class mower. have already aquired and stripped down a Yard Machine 14hp/42" (motor broke/single speed transaxle) for the base frame and body (like a more aero look) and a older Cub Cadet mower and pulled the motor and transaxle, 12.5 briggs flatty and Peerless, what appears to be 800 series (tag missing) and lots of other good parts. thinking of race prepping and flipping the transaxle, going for SAFE and light, and hopefully i can drive it fast >:D

Offline Jim Knutson

• Mow-Forum Junkie
  • i didnt break it......i modified it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2012, 09:43:45 am »
welcome to the site. you will be best prepared by finding a group of racers close to you, and build to their rules. if you have none locally, get a set of rules from one of the national organizations, and build to a class. safety is first around here, and we dont condone street riding, or backyard bombers, or just friends racing each other in the neighborhood. with all that out of the way, you appear to have the right ideas, and you should be able to get yourself a safe racer built. enjoy the brotherhood and help on here, its second to none, :D  jim.
If you quit when you're behind, you will never win.

Offline brianhouchins

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2012, 11:17:17 pm »
Name is Brian Houchins building a mower in my spare time this week for the Gibson county fair saterday night.
 From Petersburg IN

jut

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2012, 05:14:34 pm »
Hi y'all I'm Jut, from The Northern Neck of Virginia.  I just purchased a 1968-70  Huffy Sheraton, and can't decide whether I want to restore it to original condition, or turn it into a Racing lawnmower.  Open to suggestions, and ideas.  I also run a Small engine repair shop out of my garage.  

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2012, 10:18:38 pm »
Hi Jut, welcome to the forum. Those old Sheraton's are popular both with the racers and collectors. What you do with it is a personal choice. If it would make you feel bad to cut up and modify a " piece of History, then restore it. However those make great little racers.
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

fordguy9394

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2012, 04:48:44 pm »
Hey everyone new to the site my name is James live in Salem,Oregon been wanting to build a race mower for about 5 years now and finally got one started. believe its a 1972 Murray according to the DOM tag it has been a fun project so far. I also have a lawn machine (my lawn mower) and a old Ford tractor LT-12 (my everything tractor). Thanks for having me at the fourm.

anything