Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 73452 times)

Offline chris 976

• View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2015, 01:10:58 pm »
Hi all I am chris butler from minneapolis minnesota.  I am currantly running an sp and I am almost finished building a gpt for my wife.  eventually I want to build a bp.

Offline Trevor Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2015, 07:22:36 pm »
hey im trevor hume i live in northwestern colorado i was wondering what the classes are and if there are any races nearby
Newbie Still on first Project

Offline Nkaratzas89

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2015, 08:55:19 pm »
Hi Im Nico, Im Racing in The MOD XR class this year and this winter am going to build a new prepared chassis. My plan is to run Mod XR for 2016 also, but In a few year run in the SP class.
Nico
MP Mowersports #89 CP/Mod-x

2016 Prove It Mower Racing - 2nd Place Mod-xr
2017 ARMA 3rd place SP
2018 ARMA Mod-x National Champion

Offline Buchenrad

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2015, 07:24:19 pm »
I am Derek from New Mexico.  I think it would be cool to build a racing lawnmower in the future, but Its not practical for me at the moment.

Instead my summer/fall project is building a hot rod couch type thing (see attached picture for my sketch) but Im thinking the most cost effective way to set up my powertrain is with parts from a lawnmower and I have questions about the best way to set everything up and I figured this is probably the best place to come to ask about lawnmower parts.

Offline IADIRT51

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2015, 01:35:43 am »
Zach Glick, some of you may know my other profile which is Wheel Horse Man I built a prepared chassis that I raced in SP a few times, gave it up for gokarting for the last few years, back now and have a FXT in beginning stages.

Offline Shortygp

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2015, 09:51:30 am »
Hello my name is shorty I'm from Oklahoma and I race super stock and recently started racing GP. Love the sport and and the people involved with it one big awesome family.

Offline Jeff McKelroy

• Professor Ducky
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2015, 11:27:31 am »
Hey Shorty!! Glad you could find us! Now remember what I told you:

1. Fill out your profile Completely.
2. Moderators are people too, well, maybe not Birdman :lol:
3. Read, read, read. When a question pops up, write it down. You may find the answer as you peruse these sacred writings!

Offline madd mann

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2015, 09:11:53 pm »
Hello my name is Madd Mann and i'm from Norfolk Va, I  have a  12.5 kohler command engine on a kart that I'm building and i found this forum interesting for what i'm trying to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Madd Mann

Offline PitCrewdad

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2015, 05:29:59 pm »
 Hi, I am William Baker from Torrington, WY. I am new to mower racing all together. I have two old Montgomery ward 3 speeds with 12 H.P. Briggs and Stratton. I have a old wizard chassis, with tranny and an old international garden tractor this one will be setup for pulling. The reason for getting into this is for family fun. Its also a good way to teach my kids the basics they need before they leave home. I was pointed this way from a local tractor pull. They say this is family fun and can be very competitive. So here I am. I'm going to read through the forums and ask allot of questions that have been asked before. So bare with me. I haven't found a local mower racing club or any club dealing with it, but I could be looking in all the wrong areas. I do have a mechanics background. By the way my wife will be racing the first one. My boys will be racing in the junior series which I believe is a mower without blades and very little mods like exhaust and air intake if I am correct.
William Baker
Did I tighten those lug nuts?

Offline redline

• # I BROKE IT
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2015, 09:10:09 pm »
I thought there used to be a few guys from Colorado on here, but could be wrong.
The closest to you may be the guys in Pukwana, South Dakota.
Ed King

71.3% of the time, I'm right every time.

/>http://www.youtube.com/user/tawdew

Offline chavez

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2015, 09:21:59 pm »
Try big dog racing. I believe they are based out of Rapid City, but with a track in Chadron NE.
Travis Callaway

Offline PitCrewdad

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2015, 10:12:07 pm »
Thanks all. I'll try that.
William Baker
Did I tighten those lug nuts?