Author Topic: mud drag setup?  (Read 13154 times)

Offline lilyslawncare

• View Profile
mud drag setup?
« on: May 07, 2012, 09:45:09 pm »
hey guys and gals, me and a buddy are thinking about putting together a mower for mud drags for fun at a friends property.  he has about a 120ft strip that he sprays down and they drag jeeps and quads so we thought it would be cool to put together a mower for some friendly competition.  we have a late 90's craftsman mower with a 15.5horse "turbo cooled" brigs motor on it.  its not going to be for sanctioned competition but the safety factor is defiantly still there.  im just looking for any helpful input or suggestions on mainly the drivetrain and clutch system?  we are not planing on doing any motor work as of yet...  but that soon could change  :P  thanks for the help!

Offline Offroader96

• View Profile
Re: mud drag setup?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 11:25:03 pm »
First thing I would do Is weld up the transaxle. I'm gonna build one for mud after my racing one. What transaxle do you have or is it a hydro static ? If it is throw that junk away
Russell

Russwright09@yahoo.com

Offline XJeric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 04:29:28 am »
Id put a tether kill switch to be safe remove mowing deck weld or bolt the front end so no front axle flex lower the center of gravity some weld the spider gears in the trans axle go the hand throttle and quad tires on lawn mower rims  and a pulley swap and stiffen the frame with angle iron hear is some pics of mine if it gives you any ideas of your own im still working on it not done yet 

2 lime green craftsman supper stocks 19hp opposed twins 4\\\" off the ground foote rear trans axles :)

Offline MowKartEnvy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 05:54:16 pm »
Those look like fun! Elaborate a bit on the build? Mainly the front set-up.

anything