Author Topic: Australian mower burnout  (Read 24706 times)

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
Re: Australian mower burnout
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 08:55:12 pm »
Website and forum for you CrazyTasty... http://harleyheartbeat.com/

Offline CumminsTex

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 03:27:16 pm »
Crazy, My advise to you is, put that engine back in the bike and restore it!!!! I have done what you want to do about 5 years ago with a Honda CB650 engine. Also, I WILL NOT help you, so don't ask. I too thought it was a cool idea until I ended up with a broken arm, collar bone, dislocated knee, and more hospital bills than I care to think about. Take my advise, and learn from my STUPIDITY, and build a sanctioned racing mower!!

Offline TheMowinCuban

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2007, 09:30:48 am »
Thats the kind of additude we need on this site!!
Gotta love a good 'ol Briggs Flathead! :thumbsup:

Offline DanW

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »
And what if motorcycle motors are allowable and commonplace in Australian sanctioned races?  Who's to say who sanctions the races?  A geared down motorcycle engine is often more reliable than a stock briggs, considering the things are made to go higher than 3600 rpm and the rods aren't made of junk pot aluminum as well as good balanced light flywheels etc.  Not everyone needs an ARMA mower.  If all racing were done like Nascar we wouldn't have all the other auto racing venues.  My point is if you're an idiot you'll hurt yourself even with a 8hp briggs.  What's the difference in a 60hp horizontal shaft FX vs a bike motor on a mower?

Offline mtd91

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 04:42:33 pm »
well first of all You dont shift a tractor while racing or you will blow your trans.So there for you cant gear it to do 100mph and actualy do it.With a bike motor you can shift it and not blow the trans.Therefor you can gear it high and do 100mph around a 600foot track.

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 05:49:39 pm »
well first of all You dont shift a tractor while racing or you will blow your trans.So there for you cant gear it to do 100mph and actualy do it.With a bike motor you can shift it and not blow the trans.Therefor you can gear it high and do 100mph around a 600foot track.

I doubt you will get any mower to run 100 around a 600 ft track I have run some big tracks and shifted run 91 in a straight line averaged 72 on a 5/8  paved track with mower tires 600 ft turns would be too tight to run 100. I run a 880 ft at talladega and can't run the corners fast enogh to run 100 and my mower is very capable of the speed. A kart sure its an 1 off the ground lets be realistic here but not even on a 600ft track. The open shifter karts couldn't do it on the 880 ft track and you say a mower can, Like i said I doubt it.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline mtd91

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 08:04:09 pm »
George I was just giving an example.