Author Topic: progress....  (Read 12203 times)

Offline 0rion

• View Profile
Re: progress....
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 12:38:17 am »
afer the kids got in bed I went out and started looking everything over. Everytime I look at this thing I walk away with more and more questions and wondering how I'm going to do certain things. I was looking in the frame rails at where I was going to run my bracing. That bracing is going to cover up some pretty important bolt holes. One is the shifter bracket. It's going to cut halfway through the top bolt hole....not even square so it's not like I can drill the bracing and run a longer bolt. The other troubleing thing I saw was I see no way to run the factory clutch set up.....there's just no room for it with the bracing there. I wasn't planning on that at all. Another place it interferes is the front bracket that mounts the transaxle to the chassis. Another place is the tower for the steering wheel. This I'm pretty sure would be a pretty easy fix. The one that worries me the most is that clutch set up followed closely by the shifter and transaxle mounts.

edit: Got the shifter bracket and transaxle mounts figured out....that factory clutch though I'm just not seeing.
Tim

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 01:12:50 am »
You really need to look at some built race mowers.
You are really at the point of...... race mower over play toy,
and now you are serious. This is how this stuff grows on you.
Go through the builds in this section. All the stickied ones
are pretty thorough.
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"

Powered by a Full Bug E.C. 20HP Vanguard!!!!

Offline 0rion

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 01:20:59 am »
yep....just got finished reading George's thread on his son's build with the transaxle. I will have to redo that clutch but it doesn't look that bad really. Honestly getting the pedal portion of it looks to be the toughest part.  As usual I came away from the thread with more questions than I went in with though.  :lol:
Tim

Offline Caudy155

• Turf Warrior
  • Chad Caudy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 07:27:08 am »
Orion you from ohio?
There's somethin' in the works...

Offline Burwell555

• Hot Rod Hitman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 12:41:45 pm »
Hes the guy that was postin last week from central ohio Chad...I believe he said Lancaster?
Zach Burwell
#555 of Triple Nickel Racing

Wanna know a quick way to lose 8 pounds?!

Offline 0rion

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 01:39:13 pm »
yeah.....I'm in Lancaster. I'm going this weekend to Zanesville. Some guys from Limestone Valley are going to have some mowers at the mall there so I'll be able to talk to them and actually look over some mowers. Do you guys ever do build clinics or anything like that?
Tim

Offline Burwell555

• Hot Rod Hitman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 07:51:38 am »
Some of those guys have some nice stuff. But I will warn you, most of them are building to super mod rules with a stock engine. Only problem with that would be if you went anywhere else, you would have to run super mod single, and those boys arent playing around! Locally though, down their you would be in that class, or if its a race not at their home track, you could end up in what we call "open modified" which is basically ungoverned whatever since we do not hav enough mowers to have legitimate classes and still put on a good show. But their again, there are a couple guys in that class with single OHV engines that run quite well, but on a prepared chassis instead of a super mod.
   So I guess the question is, prepared chassis or super mod? Prepared can be done alot cheaper..I say CAN BE, but then again depending on the approach, they can be about the same money as well. All depends on the road you travel. If using a transaxle, your going to be building to a prepared class rule set. If you would like to come up our way and look at some stuff, we could set something up. Between the 3 shops we have it all from mild to wild as far as prepared chassis are concerned. And super mod...well, were gonna get there  ;)

Build clinics, not regularly? But we did have one last year. I believe I still have the booklet somewhere. I will let ya know. To my knowledge we do not have any clinics coming up.
Zach Burwell
#555 of Triple Nickel Racing

Wanna know a quick way to lose 8 pounds?!

Offline valleeracing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 03:10:20 pm »
Thanks Zach I race at limestone valley I will not be at the mall but can help you out. Limestone valley will have two classes CPR or stock outlaw I have front axles for both and if you are going to run rather class you will need a axle minted brake and all safety. Stuff I will pm you my number
Brent

4 feature wins 2011
5 heat wins 2011