Author Topic: hubs and disc brake....  (Read 18550 times)

Offline DanW

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: hubs and disc brake....
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 09:36:46 am »
The washer is 2.. 2.5 times thicker than the brake disc.  I believe it was a 1" washer that I also got from tractor supply.  It fit the lip of the 3/4" hub perfectly once I reamed it a little with a unibit.  I have since moved on to an 820 so I made one for my 1" axle and gave the 3/4" to my dad.

edit:  I should clarify.. the disc I'm using is off a minibike, not a super thick one like in an MCP set.

Offline SinisterRacing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 05:40:18 pm »
Well at this point I just need an inexpensive brake setup for transaxle with 3/4 axles.
I am building 3 racers, 1 for me and 1 for each of my daughters.
Well maybe I should clarify, I am aquiring the necessecary parts, I have not actually started the physical builds yet.
I have everything for 2 of the racers except the brake and steering
Steve
SinisterRacingProducts

Offline 0rion

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 09:09:52 pm »
Just wanted to update this for the other guy....there are 3/4" hubs and 3/4" to 1.25" break adapters at grasscarracing.com
Tim

Offline SinisterRacing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 06:56:34 pm »

The trick is to weld the brake hub/bushing to the inner end of the wheel hub, not the axle.  The wheel hub already has the keyway, so the keyless brake hub then becomes part of the wheel hub and a keyway is not needed, plus there's no risk to the axle with this method.

This seems easy enough. I can use the spacer that came on my axles. Only draw back seems to be quick wheel changes.
Steve
SinisterRacingProducts

Offline big jerm

• Turf Warrior
  • "high on horsepower"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 06:52:32 am »
The bushing from bmi is $10 and designed to fit like tank said so there is no Fab work just bolt on and for inexpensive go on eBay and by the pit bike set up for $50. Use the master cylinder and caliper and order the 1 1/4 brake hub and a brake disc with the 1 1/4 x 3/4 bushing from bmi  for another $50 and you will have a hydraulic brake kit for $100. Or get the1 1/4" one from Ec for $180 and the bushing from bmi and have a kit for$200. Have ran both setups and the work great
Jeremy Shrouder

" nightmare on any street"

Offline Big Mike

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 09:12:42 am »
The bushing from bmi is $10 and designed to fit like tank said so there is no Fab work just bolt on and for inexpensive go on eBay and by the pit bike set up for $50. Use the master cylinder and caliper and order the 1 1/4 brake hub and a brake disc with the 1 1/4 x 3/4 bushing from bmi  for another $50 and you will have a hydraulic brake kit for $100. Or get the1 1/4" one from Ec for $180 and the bushing from bmi and have a kit for$200. Have ran both setups and the work great

i run the pit bike brake it works great
2013 ARMA National Points Series Southeast Region 3rd place Super Stock
2015 FXT Champion Local

Offline 0rion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 12:52:15 pm »
Just wanted to see if someone would double check this before I start ordering to make sure I'm getting the right stuff. I sold some car parts today so I have a few dollars to spend on the mower.

I have a peerless 206 transaxle with 3/4" hubs.

2 of these
http://www.bmikarts.com/item/4-x-4-Billet-Aluminum-Wheel-Hub---34-Bore-380024-7227

and

1 of these for the brake
http://www.bmikarts.com/item/34-Conversion-Bushing-400239-6498

will that get my rear axle taken care of as far as mounting up wheels and a brake rotor? Then I'll just need a 1.25 brake hub and disc on there. This is just to get the axle set up....I realize I'll need the rest of the brake components. I can't set my height until I get wheels on this thing so I'm trying to get that part taken care of.
Tim

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 01:23:31 pm »
Yep, that will do the trick!
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline 0rion

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 02:07:01 pm »
thanks.....I have a front axle and spindles coming from SaltAMF so when I get those I can figure out what I need for the front end to get wheels on there. Then it's just a matter of setting the height. After that I'm going to tackle the steering, finishing the brakes, and jackshaft set up. This thing might be running before the summer's over yet.  :lol:
Tim

Offline 0rion

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 09:09:01 pm »
looking at getting rear wheels from http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/Golf-cart/8/166206301

they don't list if those are on a 4" bolt circle...anyone know for sure if they are? I'd hate to get wheels that won't work on those hubs.  I'm also guessing to get a centered wheel and not the 2x5 offset wheel?
Tim

Offline ARC C63

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/#!/arcoon
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 09:23:38 pm »
i love my buggiesunlimited rims 15 bucks a rim and if you wont crome rims spray paint works good
C63            NELMRA
class Stock and SPB(aka crash test dumbs)
2010 Stock Class Champine

BIRTFT

Offline saltyAMF

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 09:29:20 pm »
my neighbor runs the 2x5 offset ones on his s/p  they are descent, but heavy.   if u like bling get the alums.  if u like durability and low cost get the golf cart rims
joshua "MEAT" coleman

ct g8/s4

2011 nelmra sp-b 2nd place