Author Topic: cub cadet  (Read 13817 times)

Offline fox_racin4

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
cub cadet
« on: December 19, 2006, 07:36:22 pm »
hey i think i have this figuered out.  well its my cub cadet with a 14 vangaurd. looks slow or corners cause it is becuase of 1. carb needs tuning/ adjusting for the bottom end and 2. cant stay on the seat 2 keep te rpm up so it wont bog. but i still have to work out the lil bugs on it

heres the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saeRn567aYc

still a lil jumpy
#4 super modified
SOLTRA

Offline offroadwhatever8

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: cub cadet
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 07:48:22 pm »
very nice cub cadet man, i just wish i could hear that beautiful motor on it though...

Offline fox_racin4

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 08:01:09 pm »
haha lol its a stock 14 notin speacial it sounds so wierd like at idle it sounds diff  and it so quite u can hear the valves lol. then when its opend up  its louder. i wanna make a new exaust theres a pic of it some where on here. its hittin about 5000 rpm wit stock springs from 1990 ( as old as i am lol) so once i throw some new ones in it yey i stil have some work to do on it like side bar and front bumper and get all the bugs outa it.  heres a diff link to the vid.

#4 super modified
SOLTRA

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 09:56:04 pm »
Looks like you got the video working like it's supposed to. Or, at least it's working great on my connection anyhow.

Looks like the little yellow gitter works pretty good, my imagination or are you picking up a push when you get back in the throttle coming out of the turns?

Offline fox_racin4

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 03:41:19 pm »
good im glad i got it workin.

nope no pushing in corners but it looks like it cause it goin alil sideways. it might push threw corners when i can take them a lil faster lol. i dont know why some people say you have more traction with rear engine mowers lol. first day i had it out it was a lil wet/damp and i could not keep it straight i just went sideways.  i will try and get some better vids of it for u guys.
#4 super modified
SOLTRA

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 03:57:21 pm »
Just appears to go wide on you about the time you stand on it coming out of the corners, maybe it's your preferred line. Looks really good going in and most of the way through the corner, then you go wide coming out was why I asked. Watching you on it the weight all appears between the wheels and it really shouldn't if you have air pressure right.

I still love the looks of that thing, it is just plain cool man! That is one bad looking little rear engine mowchine. I love it!!

Offline fox_racin4

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 05:36:30 pm »
reason for going wide is cause i am halfway off the seat cause i got nuttinm holding me on it.  i go where ever the mower handles best on the track im on.  i like the look also. when ifirst got it i was like yey supermod here i come >:D  it also turns so good and i have only let a few psi out of right front and left rear. other 2 are at 20 psi so with some tweeking with that it will turn even better.

thanks kyle
#4 super modified
SOLTRA

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 05:49:35 pm »
other 2 are at 20 psi
Drop those two by half...and tweak from there and you might really start hooking up...
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline offroadwhatever8

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 06:17:35 pm »
It's pretty sweet to start seeing some rear engine racers now, Not to many of them around for racing these days.......

Offline fox_racin4

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 07:10:07 pm »
squidd     i havent been on the mower for more then i gunna guesse 45 min. but i am gettin new rims and stuff ( 7.25 aluminminm i have 5.25 right now) and i only have 2 tracks to set it up to and they are both longer then the usual racks we race on so.

i think i will be the only rear engin supermod unless rob will keep his johndeer goin.  will hopefully have new vids after the week end if i take it out.
#4 super modified
SOLTRA

Offline fox_racin4

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 04:35:09 pm »
here is a few more vids of it. just finished doing direct steering and hand throttle  in the last vid i didnt like how the throttle was working so i broght it back in and fixed it up

#4 super modified
SOLTRA

Offline offroadwhatever8

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 05:54:06 pm »
Look's like that mower can fly, how fast will it go wide open? ohhh, and that motor sounds amazing. :)

Offline money89tractors

• Turf Warrior
  • Case 110
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 06:39:01 pm »
nice videos, wish we coulda heard it really romped on ;)

-Phil
..."I used that motto to keep going, keep pushing, keep digging to
find a way around, or through to find a hole, some kind of break that
would allow some space. Once something broke thru, I could be there to
take advantage. Then I would finish 7th instead of 10th." - Dubba G

Offline fox_racin4

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 06:40:17 pm »
in the one vid i tryed pullin front tires off but i skiped the chain  :woo: lol it was probly at te most 1/3 thrttole take off in the vids lol. i dont think it will go more then 60 kph mabet even 50. i need to do a lille carb tunning
#4 super modified
SOLTRA

Offline fox_racin4

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 09:40:00 pm »
well got another vid. this time it was in the snow

i was having a lil to much fun. after hte battery died i tryed doin a 180 in my garage but got to a 90 and stoped but i think if i wanted to i coulda gone all the way around

#4 super modified
SOLTRA