Author Topic: It's ON now! Part 2!!  (Read 44659 times)

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: It's ON now! Part 2!!
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2007, 06:42:32 pm »
ok, i see what your saying. So i could get a piece of thin wall, that fits just to the inside of my spindle berrol, and do a couple plug welds to hold it in place. thatll make a solid lip for the bearings to seat against?
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2007, 06:52:31 pm »
If you can find one or cut one to fit..that would be a solution..

Technically... you only need the "lip" or shelf "above" the lower bearing...the c clip will still be holding on the top...but thats OK the lower shelf is way stronger and able to carry the weight...

If you can't find a useable piece of pipe...how about another "outer race" of the same size ...tapped into place and plug welded ...??
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2007, 07:48:54 pm »
If you can find one or cut one to fit..that would be a solution..

Technically... you only need the "lip" or shelf "above" the lower bearing...the c clip will still be holding on the top...but thats OK the lower shelf is way stronger and able to carry the weight...

If you can't find a useable piece of pipe...how about another "outer race" of the same size ...tapped into place and plug welded ...??

hey now thats a great idea! Ive got a few old sets of bearings laying around! Ill take em to work and fix em up good!!

Oh, another thing im going to do is replace the bracket with heim joints so i have more adjustability.. withthe 1/2 inch grade 10 bolt, i can get heims super cheap, but i cant get the 5/8 ones without spending like 30 bucks each!
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline mowerracer313

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2007, 07:59:44 pm »
i got my 5/8 heim joints from jegs for around 12 bucks a piece  they are the economy ones but i havent had any problems yet
hope this helps
Brian Singsime
Always In Mowtion Racing
Super Sportsman #313

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2007, 08:09:31 pm »
kinda like this ( i dont have the longer bolt yet, so i just put one in to see how it fits.... works Grrrreat!

No, I don't.