Author Topic: some how im going to build a 25 hp kohler but with lots more power any help?  (Read 18656 times)

Offline NICK

• M77
    • View Profile
i have a 25 hp kohler command i need some power and parts as well as maybe some step by step building instructions with spec's and everything i need to do to get the most for the money can anyone help me with this thank you. or do i need to just sell this one ?
Nicholas Weimortz

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
So what do you plan to do with this engine? Im assuming race. As with any race engine start with the heart of it.......a camshaft of coarse. Along with the cam you will need better rods. High rev engines also need a billet flywheel. Next comes port work. Those are just some of the basics but prepare to spend lots of money.
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline Burton for Certain

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Contact midwest super cub. They have every part you'll need.
Drew Burton #19 FXS/FXT
Midwest Super Cub Racing

Nichols Performance Inc. For the tractor pulling
"Bad Company" PS/SS
"Triple Play" Open Super Stock Diesel

Small Engines Of Seymour High Performance Camshafts (Greg Hackman) 8125225577

Offline NICK

• M77
    • View Profile
i know that!!! but i want is a 100 hp motor when Im done. i need some help with the build of the motor. what size every thing should be and whats compatible to what. and a list of everything i need to get there.Ive rebuilt motors but never this extreme. and thank you for the response's keep them coming Im still learning this hey mow thing i need to learn this thing mow better lol....
Nicholas Weimortz

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
Contact midwest super cub. They have every part you'll need.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
100 HP :omg: Oh yeah get ready to spend lots of thousands of dollars :omg:
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline tsmith1499

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
And then add another 2-3 thousand on top of that!!  I know of a few garden tractor pullers that have $8-10 grand tied up in a motor.  I think that's crazy. But whatever floats their boat, ya know?
Tom Smith
Mount Airy, MD.
L130 Work In Progress

Offline JohnB

• Turf Warrior
  • voodoo twin racing
    • View Profile
    • johnb
i know that!!! but i want is a 100 hp motor when Im done. i need some help with the build of the motor. what size every thing should be and whats compatible to what. and a list of everything i need to get there.Ive rebuilt motors but never this extreme. and thank you for the response's keep them coming Im still learning this hey mow thing i need to learn this thing mow better lol....
You can build a 100hp engine but will your frame or the driver be able to handle it. It is better to start lower and work up. Getting a 100hp engine to put the power to the ground is not the same as producing 100 hp. You have to make sure that everything is right. If there is a weak point, it will find it.
Earn your way, nothing is given to you!
D' Mow Letion

Offline Burton for Certain

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Call midwest and ask for julian sr. He will be able to tell you bore, rocker ratio, etc...
Drew Burton #19 FXS/FXT
Midwest Super Cub Racing

Nichols Performance Inc. For the tractor pulling
"Bad Company" PS/SS
"Triple Play" Open Super Stock Diesel

Small Engines Of Seymour High Performance Camshafts (Greg Hackman) 8125225577

Offline MOWER 108

• View Profile
Call Ryan Kerr at Ryker Racing 519-332-9532 he can help you reach that 100hp mark  :woo:
Rich Webb
FXT #3 sponsored by: Sta-Bil Ethanol treatment
Ryker Racing
Herrin Mowersports
2007 USLMRA S/P National Champion
2009 USLMRA Driver of the Year
2010 USLMRA Driver of the Year

Offline Caseracer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Power will depend on what you plan to do with it.  If you are racing with a shiftable tranny your low end torque is more important to get off the corner.  The Command Pulling motors will make this kind of power but they make it at very high rpm's.  To make it takes a BIG cam and and very good heads.  The stock heads can be made to flow but in pulling most of the big power engines are running "after market" or recast heads (not allowed in most groups).  

Jack Jones
Shakin' by a Roller Kohler

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Mid to upper 70's is most youll get from stock unwelded unmodified heads. The ports will not support any more hp. If you want 100hp youll need aftermarket heads. That alone when combined with intake and exhaust manifolds will set you back $3500+ 
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
i have a 25 hp kohler command i need some power and parts as well as maybe some step by step building instructions with spec's and everything i need to do to get the most for the money can anyone help me with this thank you. or do i need to just sell this one ?
Most of the guys who are actually building that much Horsepower are professionals or at least semi-pro and do it for money. They have spent years researching and perfecting what they do and are more than likely not very willing to give up "step by step building instructions with spec's".
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline NICK

• M77
    • View Profile
Thank you everyone on you're input and sources. The help is very useful and thank you again.  Yes i am capable of producing my own chassis to handle what ever size motor i feel is necessary to run. also I have the experience to race this thing. I'm not set on 100 hp but I'd like it. If that's to much hp to run in a lawn mower than what would be a recommended size ? I'm open to different size's and what not. I plan on running a horizontal shaft kohler or *?* with a pulley and clutch setup to a jack shaft with chain to axle with 13" tires all the way around . what kind of power am i looking for there? also it takes me a while to make phone calls during the day because i try to work around the whole no cell phone crap at work thing as well with time zones. In which case I happen to be here in California
Nicholas Weimortz

Offline Caudy155

• Turf Warrior
  • Chad Caudy
    • View Profile
The most important question is how are you gonna hook up the 100+ hp? Id be willin to bet that a good driver with a good chassis would be far more competitive with under 60 hp... but that's one guys oppinion spend your dollars how you will... not doubting your driving. Or chassis building skills just thinkin out loud...
There's somethin' in the works...

anything