Author Topic: Kohler 8 Horse (John deere 110) Simple wiring diagram  (Read 11210 times)

Offline mycat8urskidoo

• View Profile
Kohler 8 Horse (John deere 110) Simple wiring diagram
« on: December 09, 2011, 03:09:49 pm »
Picked up a 69 or somewhere around there john deere 110 with a 8 Horse Kohler.  The previous owner hacked up the wiring, it looks like they just cut the whole key assembly out of it, but im not sure if thats all that was done.  I picked up a push button switch for the starter, as well as a toggle switch for the ignition.  I was wondering if anyone had a simple wiring diagram that i could reference to (I'm not that great at wiring), It does not have the big external coil (if that makes a difference) I do not need to run the volt meter, or any of the saftey switches as I will no longer be using the pto or anything like that.  I am simply going to push snow with it and pull it at a local garden tractor pulling event in the summer time.  Thanks for your help!

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Re: Kohler 8 Horse (John deere 110) Simple wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 03:22:12 pm »
If it doesn't have the big external coil, what are you using for spark...?
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline tsmith1499

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 03:51:35 pm »
I can't help you with the wiring diagram, but I own 4 of these from 67 to 72 and they ALL have an external automotive type coil. THe EARLY 110-112's had a magneto/coil setup under the flywheel, but they still have external points.  Get the seial# and go to www.weekendfreedommachines.com and you can find out what year it is.  The serial number is under the steering wheel if you didn't know.  They are good little tractors!

Also the guys on WFM website can probably hook you up with a wiring diagram
Tom Smith
Mount Airy, MD.
L130 Work In Progress

Offline mycat8urskidoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 01:59:53 pm »
Checked out wfm and according to there serial number chart,  found out that mine is a 72.  And it definately does not have the big external style automotive coil. The spark plug wire comes from under the flywheel area.  Been kind of slacking on this project , mainly because its almost 50 degrees out right now, kind of hard to want to put some time into something to plow snow, when its the middle of january and theres combines out taking corn down yet haha. I put the motorcycle up and got the snowmobile out in november, thinkin that was a bad call.