Author Topic: Anybody use these??  (Read 14109 times)

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
Anybody use these??
« on: November 03, 2005, 08:49:03 pm »
Anybody use these??
Post by jake100 on Aug 29, 2005, 5:37pm

Anybody have any luck using engines/ tips to improve or add to the life span of these engines
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Anybody use these??
Post by bigblue42680 on Aug 29, 2005, 7:00pm

Alot of people here run Kohlers, and some will tell you that they have more power than brings and last longer. I've not tryed one yet, but most of them are pretty strong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post by mowmanscott on Aug 30, 2005, 4:55am

I had a frierd who tryed it said it did not work . You will have to try it and see.
Post by George Herrin on Aug 30, 2005, 5:59am

really depends on what type of motorsport you are in and how much money you invest in the motor. They all good if built right.
George
Post by tractor68boy on Oct 18, 2005, 7:51pm

As for garden tractor pullin, the K-series cast irons are the best, 12-16 hp single cylinder models, K301, K321, K341.................stock they hold up great, I've been playin with em for years now and know how to build em up nice.................need help/hints just ask
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline The Stig

• View Profile
    • http://www.fastmower.co.uk
Anybody use these??
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 01:44:52 pm »
I moved from Tecumseh to a Kohler CS12 on my Group 2 wheels machine over here in the UK. The Kohler has completely transformed the whole machine. It pulls like a train - loads of torque out of the corners - no waiting for it to pick up like the old tecumseh - just give it a handful and you're gone. Top speed is way over what it was last season too - I geared up a few teeth for this engine and it just never seems to have had enough - it's dropping a lot of Group 3 and 4 machines now - which has never happened before! Reliability - it's had two oil changes through the season, and the air filter cleaned a few times - it's never missed a beat and the oil always comes out golden. To say I'm impressed would be something of an understatement!!

Pictures and stuff at my website at
http://www.fastmower.co.uk
WLMRA #7 - The Stig
Group 2W Champion 2005
www.fastmower.co.uk

anything