Author Topic: Few Pics From the AMRA  (Read 17440 times)

Offline mowcephus

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Few Pics From the AMRA
« on: December 03, 2005, 08:37:53 pm »
We don't run by the same rules as the USLMRA, but here are a few mowers here.

Chris

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Few Pics From the AMRA
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 10:00:04 pm »
mowcephus, can you download the pics to a "host" site (like Photobucket.com)

Then when you C&P img tags the pics will automaticly show on the board..
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline mowcephus

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Few Pics From the AMRA
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 07:01:38 am »
Uh oh....sorry bout that.  I'll see what I can do ;).
Chris

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Few Pics From the AMRA
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 08:14:51 am »
What?  Were they not showing up?

I like the pictures.  Looks like fun.
My other sites:
Visit Heymow on  Facebook!
http://www.legendsracer.com   Legends Car Racing forum.
http://www.wattcycles.com      Electric Bicycle forum.

Offline mowcephus

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Few Pics From the AMRA
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 10:02:01 am »
Yeah I linked them from a webpage and didn't have them uploaded to photobucket.  I signed up for Photo bucket now and then edited my post.
Chris

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Few Pics From the AMRA
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 04:21:31 pm »
looks like some of those longer ones might be the snowmobile based ones?

A pair of them came up to nebraska from colorado to our race this year. We dont have too many rules, but one we do have is it has to be all mower, and we didnt let them run with the rest. It sure was fun to see them out there racing eachother!!!
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

MarkBratcher

How fast do ya"ll run?
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 10:10:34 pm »
Was just curious, seeing the no helmet law in effect. But hey I admire the fact that ya'll aren't running the rules of the USLMRA, I started racing behind bars in Ok. almost ten years ago, I kind of feel that a lot of people think there rules are concrete, but I don't. They have got the publicity yeah, but where does a go-cart installed rear end make it a lawnmower. Hey if I wanted to race go-carts i would. But our rules in the Deep South Lawnmower Racing of Middle Ga. keeps the racing affordable, and we also race for trophy's and money,championships all that, and i think the racing is just as competative as well as fun for the family. We also race on clay ovals.     Owner DSLMRA[/u]

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Few Pics From the AMRA
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 10:30:58 pm »
I'm hopeing the "No Helmets" is just a Parade lap before the event...

Would seem rather silly to race with no helmet...rules or no rules...
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline Mowindown

• Turf Warrior
  • Jed Mercer
    • View Profile
Few Pics From the AMRA
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 10:56:42 pm »
There is a helmet rule those are just parade laps.  All the mowers here are just that mowers just streched out a bit but still all mower parts there maybe a few go kart axles but no snowmobile frames or nothing like that. All the tracks are banked clay ovals.
Jed Mercer
Jonesborough, TN
Planning a come back someday...

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
Few Pics From the AMRA
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 09:04:43 pm »
Mr. Bratcher, you refer to some mowers as being go carts or having go kart rear ends installed as if that is wrong or bad. . Have you never seen a mower with a multi-speed transmission with a chain going to the axle in the rear. They do make them and we simply beef up the existing setup with better quality material that just so happens to be a kart axle. The same mower axles are also found in some karts yet they are not called mowers. Whats  wrong with this type setup. It is a mower and I am not bashing any other group nor will I knock another persons equipment/racer. But from the pics posted mine a USLMRA legal mower is more of a mower and definatley looks more of a mower than many seen in the pics above. And that is OK they have there own rules. But no need to be so rough on other groups or there equipment. Its a persons choice as to whom he runs with or what rules he/they follow. Please Come on over to Berlin Ga. Feb. 5th will be a US race there I will be there bring your mower along we will do some comparing along with some talking. And if you like and the mower gets thru tech come race with us. All are welcome.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline mowcephus

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Few Pics From the AMRA
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 09:49:31 pm »
most of our mowers here are required to start with a stock lawn mower frame.  How ever we have a couple open classes that you can build your own frames from aluminum etc.  It's not about who you race with as a sanctioning body it's the fact of racing and having fun.  If we had races here that was USLMRA I'd probably run with them, but we only have one so far that is near me.   Also when you get in the vtwins you're classed by cubic inches so it's more fair.  If you can't afford to build a twin like alot of folks can you can still race and be competetive.  If  ya'll want to bash the way we build and our rules come out and race against us.  You'll be classed accordingly and if you can beat us then you can bash all you want!
Chris

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Few Pics From the AMRA
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 10:23:38 pm »
George,  I think I have seen some of the guys that Mark runs with, they are more like a local non affiliated club.  Very nice guys, informative, and willing to take the time to show the workings of their mowchines to all us karters.  

Mark, don't some of y'all have V-twin inteks?  We have billet rods for them now.
My other sites:
Visit Heymow on  Facebook!
http://www.legendsracer.com   Legends Car Racing forum.
http://www.wattcycles.com      Electric Bicycle forum.

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
Few Pics From the AMRA
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 10:27:31 pm »
Sounds great, the offer still there to come on over to Berlin Feb. 5th. Would love to meet and greet.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Few Pics From the AMRA
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 10:41:31 am »
I think if you want to race go karts, go race go karts....

But i also thing installing a live axle is about as far as it should go.....no centrifugal clutches, no motorcycle engines...no gokart tires.... leave the mowers mowers, please USLMRA or not.
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline Mark Bratcher

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Deep South Lawnmower Racing Association
The bad Bashing Guy i'm not, sorry it came off like that.
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005, 09:49:42 pm »
Well I just might take you up on that offer, my mower will make through the BP class tech, But like wise we will be having our season fanall mowpoints season beging feb 18 and i've got some approved track time the 28th of Jan to go over some off season changes i've made to help the handling things like that.
 But lets go about the rules difference, our biggest I'll say,concern is the cost, just like nascar if i had the money and sponcers i'd do it. What we did is made some rules that well kept it cheap,not saying we won't make changes in the future,if the demand is there by majority. But we have made it so that you can run just about anything you want but the tranny must be STOCK. (Those axles ain't cheap.) and the motor simplt has to be a(n) engine built to commercialy cut grassas far as cubis inches go run what you brought, we have guys out there with 45cu. and guys out there with 28 we let you run what you can. Our first big change is going to be a class seperation by cylinders.  We do allow you to modify your chasis to beep it up, But we also have a no running board to be lower than 9" and that keeps it so close to stock that any Tom, Dick and Harry that loves to race but $$ is the problem, we want you to be able to just race without the finacial burden of money. But lets thank people like ARC thats helping the mowin out. No grudges all welcome here. I raced a guy at Talladega shorttrack in sept of 2004 and knowing that he was running a FX mower we let him run with us, wanted to see what i would do with my maybe 500$ invested mower to his and let me so his investment was a lot more, his rims cost more than my mower. But I had no problem running with him and that made me decide to go with our rules because I felt we could provide as must of a spectator sport at a whole lot less of a cost, and we race for money and trophy's to help put something back in the builders pocket. But I hope there is not hard feelings. But would love to compare notes and mowers anytime. But there was a guy earlier that said beat us then bash i'm not realy the bash type i think fun is the key, but i have run and beat a fx mower, with my stock. You can check some of our last years track times @ mylaps.com Just look me up in there by name and the times they are showing are a 1/5 mile clay oval and you'll see that we are running about 60mph average lap speed for 20 laps that was our feature event,don't know how many laps i ran before that, our equipment is holding up, not saing it don't fail because i have blown a tranny two laps into a feature event after taking the pole.
2007 23 National Standings Best finish 4th
Current World Record Holder of World Fastest Single Cylinder Mower 68 MPH Documented at the Texas Mile

1 Local Chapter Win with USLMRA
2 Local Chapter wins with ARMA

2006 17 Total Wins

2008 7th in National Standings as of Now

anything