Author Topic: It's ON now! Part 2!!  (Read 44638 times)

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: It's ON now! Part 2!!
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 01:45:35 pm »
well. i got a couple other engines in inventory... like a 14hp vanguard single, and an 11hp flathead.... but i think it will look freakin sweet with that big ol twin sticking off the sides!

YEAH!!!  Its almost mower building day!!!!!!!!
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2006, 11:43:16 pm »
Ok, guys!
i went down to Pacific steel today and got some metal to start my build.
i got a 6 inch piece of 2.25 inch ID pipe to make my bearinged spindles out of,
 2 -5 foot pieces foot of thin wall 3/4 x 3/4 tubing
and a 40 inch piece of 1 inch by 3 inch tubing for my front beam..
Got it all for 15 bucks. not bad for new steel!

Going to the Cummins Shop tomorrow to turn the yellow mower into a roller!!!

Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 11:15:46 am »
Heres my rear axle mock up. Its a thick wall chromolly hollow 1.25 inch axle. 36 inches long with my Circle 5 inch wheels, and dunlap 7 inch wide dirt track tires, sprocket, and disk brake.
Mean looking!

No, I don't.

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2006, 04:51:51 am »
So i had some time saturday night after the 'ol lady's Christmas party to sneak down to the shop and work on the mower a bit.

i got my rear end all tacked up, adn looking good, and started building my frontend, complete with some spindles that i am experimenting with.

Its all coming together pretty nice, for having one evening of work done to it!

No, I don't.

Offline matt25001149

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.WesternOntarioOutlaws.com
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2006, 08:40:27 am »
:woo: dude!! that things guna rock after u get a twin on it  :willynilly:
#87 Outlaw
Western Ontario Outlaws

Offline money89tractors

• Turf Warrior
  • Case 110
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2006, 08:44:16 am »
that things looks sweet!! all ready! just looks like it wants to GOOOOOO!...
question thought, are you gunna leave the front narrow like it is? or are you gunna bring the tires to the outside?

-Phil
..."I used that motto to keep going, keep pushing, keep digging to
find a way around, or through to find a hole, some kind of break that
would allow some space. Once something broke thru, I could be there to
take advantage. Then I would finish 7th instead of 10th." - Dubba G

Offline matt25001149

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.WesternOntarioOutlaws.com
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2006, 08:45:52 am »
*whispers to phil*  hes making his own front axel ;) dont look like hes quite done it yet tho
#87 Outlaw
Western Ontario Outlaws

Offline Tom Fox

• Global Moderator
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2006, 08:54:12 am »
I can't wait to see this mower done!!!! I really like the look it has!!!
Tom Fox       
Brookfield, CT

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2006, 12:38:55 pm »
*whispers to phil*  hes making his own front axel ;) dont look like hes quite done it yet tho

LOL!
 :rofl:
No, I don't.

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2006, 12:39:33 pm »
thaks guys! its fun doing this work! I cant wait untill im terrorizing the neighborhood on this beast!
No, I don't.

Offline creechfan

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2006, 04:31:45 pm »
that thing is waaaaaaaaaaaay to cool man!!!!  i wish there were some of them mowers like that in my area!!!

wow man... i can't even tell you how much i like that thing!!

-=CreechFan

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2006, 10:05:08 pm »
You are planning on doing something different with that frame aren't you? :eyebrow:

Offline offroadwhatever8

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2006, 10:05:32 pm »
hhahahaha, that mower is a beast!!!!!:drool:, great work man

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2006, 11:04:02 pm »
You are planning on doing something different with that frame aren't you? :eyebrow:

oh yeah....
Im just getting it all lined up right now. then ill build a subframe outa the 3/4 x 3/4 tubing i bought. all the bolts holding it all together will eventually be welded solid at the seams, and bolts removed.
No, I don't.

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2006, 11:11:00 pm »
That's cool! You had me worried there for a minute looking at those bolt holes through that tube right behind the pan... I could just see everything folded up there first time the torque outta that twin was laid into the drive chain.

anything