Author Topic: It's ON now! Part 2!!  (Read 44639 times)

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: It's ON now! Part 2!!
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 11:21:55 pm »
why couldnt you run this frame in bp? Is there a minimun wheelbase in bp?
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 11:26:33 pm »
B/P: All overhead valve V-twin 4 stroke engines, 20hp and under. 42” minimum unaltered wheelbase. Mid engine frames are not allowed. 6” minimum front wheels. 8” minimum rear wheels.
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 11:29:02 pm »
well, thats a bummer. i guess ill just ahve to race my one race a year with it. Itll be pretty much an fx only with a full bore BP engine on it.
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 11:51:28 pm »
Just have to find an OHV Single to build for it and build the other one into a BP.
Double the pleasure, double the fun!  :rocknana: :rocknana:

Offline 300xdeere

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 06:34:01 pm »
yeah i love that yellow thing like i wish it was sitting in my garage but build both i'm with g-team on this on it would be saweet having 2 race mowers.

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 09:54:44 pm »
B/P: All overhead valve V-twin 4 stroke engines, 20hp and under. 42” minimum unaltered wheelbase. Mid engine frames are not allowed. 6” minimum front wheels. 8” minimum rear wheels.

how come you can use the 44 cube engine in bp? Mine is a 40 cube, and its rated at 21hp?
Is it a 'technicality' where the 44 cube engine was rated at 20 hp somewhere?
No, I don't.

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 10:22:03 pm »
There is Officially only one 44 CID Briggs Intek approved by the USLMRA. Big debate about it on the USLMRA Yahoo Group earlier this year, a bigger one in e-mail off the board, but briggs did rate a 44 CID engine at 20 hp for John Deere in 2006, so that opened the door. Since the USLMRA rules allow a maximum of 20hp rating, the ruling on the single model was appropriate within the guidelines established.

However... Model number is stamped on one valve cover on the Intek, which of course could very easily be damaged and need replacement! Valve covers are interchangeable left to right and replacement covers are not stamped. 

G-Team's argument in this matter was that the 40 CID and 44 CID block are identical with exception to bore. The rules allow internal modification, thus it would be possible to bore the 40 CID to 44 CID, wherein denying the 44 only allows for additional costs in motor preparation. If realisitically your 40 is a 44... it only costs you more to bore it, buy a set of pistons and rings, and you've got one, why deny it? With the Briggs classisification of the one model it is approved and legal, and with replacement of the valve cover any 44 becomes that 44.

Loopholes dude! ;)

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2006, 11:33:42 pm »
Ahhh... THAT is why i do no form of regulated racing.
i just like to build stuff and race stuff.... i dont like all the loophole :censored: stuff.... not my game.
No, I don't.

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2006, 11:40:28 pm »
Finding loopholes,and proving you're right is half the fun!

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 12:10:14 am »
i totally understand and respect that, its just not my bag.
i like to build hot rods, and mowers and stuff, mostly for my own enjoyment. When things get too technical, i get flustered, and it takes the fun outa it for me. Maybe if i knew more about hte certain thing, but i keep myself spread pretty thin with my family, job, my EMT training, my motorcycles, my shooting habit, and the mowers, plus whatever else peaks my interest!... if i just had one thing, i would be great at it, like some guys seem to get!
I know guys out at the dirt track that LIVE for that new rule book to come out so they can disect it, its their whole fun is finding the loopholes! :bash:
No, I don't.

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2006, 09:25:22 pm »
Does anyone know who might have made these mowers for craftsman? i cant find anything about it online, like what engine, or any info at all about them!
No, I don't.

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 11:43:29 pm »
Manufactured what engine for Craftsman?

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 01:42:15 am »
exactly!
all i know is it was 6hp.

id like to know more about this mower....
No, I don't.

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 02:19:38 am »
:rofl:   OK!

Maybe check e-bay for old owners manuals.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/  <~~ Try these guys... several folks there that restore old mowers, they might be able to help as well.

Offline mightymowe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 08:02:25 am »
I dont think I would put the twin on that little one,it would be just too much work.You would have to modify the hood mounts and then you would have no place for your feet,and then you would have to compleatly rebuild the rear of that chassis to make it stiff enough.I think you should just ship it to me so I could put it in "inventory" for later nudge nudge knowwhatimean.
David Peters