Author Topic: Promoting Mower Racing  (Read 2260 times)

Offline tsmith1499

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Promoting Mower Racing
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:03:45 pm »
If anyone in the Maryland area is interested in promoting lawn mower racing this weekend, our antique tractor club is having our annual tractor show at Gladhill Tractor John Deere dealership in Frederick, Md. on Sunday.  The dealership is right off Mt. Zion rd. off of Rt. 15/340 south. from 9am to 4pm.  There will be an antique tractor show and pull as well as good food and live bluegrass music.  It would be great if someone could bring a few mowers to the show.  Open the eyes up of some of the people that don't know what lawn mower racing is.  It would be really cool if someone with a John Deere racer could make it. Hint, Hint  ;)  Thanks in advance to anyone that can make it. I'll even buy the ice cream for those that can make it.  Hope to see you there!!  Thanks, Tom 

If you want/need more info PM me with questions.
Tom Smith
Mount Airy, MD.
L130 Work In Progress

Offline dandt4238

• Turf Warrior
  • Dean Schopf Jr. Dover, PA
    • View Profile
    • The PA Lawn Mower Racing Assoc.
Re: Promoting Mower Racing
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:13:52 am »
You may want to get in touch with Joey Nahas.  Excellent mowers to display (and they are John Deere) and an excellent promoter of the sport!  If he is available his family would be a great addition to the show.
Good luck,
Dean Jr.
Schopf & Frantz Family Mowtorsports
550 FX
505 CPR
161 CP and CPR
523 CPR
181 CP
and our newest driver
     *295 IMOW* Good Luck Ashers!

Offline tsmith1499

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:45:27 am »
Thanks,  The hint, hint part was kinda directed to him. LOL  I may shoot him a PM and see if he is available or has the time. I am in the process of building a mower similar to his.  Thanks.  Tom
Tom Smith
Mount Airy, MD.
L130 Work In Progress

Offline mowerman43GREATDANE

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 10:54:46 pm »
We are scheduled to race Sunday at Mardela Speedway near Salisbury MD. but  if the weather is not good , would you consider a couple murrays and a huffy for show?  We are about 1 hr away.
                                                 Aaron

Offline tsmith1499

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 12:13:38 pm »
Absolutely!!   It is a tractor show for ALL brands.  You would be welcome to come.  Sunday is suppossed to be a nice day. At least that's what they say for now. I hope it stays nice at least until dark!!!  Hope to see you there!!  Thanks,  Tom
Tom Smith
Mount Airy, MD.
L130 Work In Progress

anything