Author Topic: intek v twin vs vanguard v twin  (Read 2980 times)

Offline larry reddinger

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
intek v twin vs vanguard v twin
« on: April 16, 2011, 12:11:43 pm »
can any body give me pros and con of these motors or at least what are the differences
thank
Larry :chris:

Offline Mowchine09

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: intek v twin vs vanguard v twin
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 12:44:23 pm »
Six of one half a dozen of the other..  I run both engines and I like them both.  Biggest differences I notice are Inteks are heavier.  They also seem to have more torque and are stronger engines.  Vanguards wind up more and I think they are better on smaller tracks.  Inteks are a dime a dozen as Vanguards are getting harder to come by.  Both very simple to work on.  Intek parts are easy to come by.  Inteks seem to do more with less RPM..  Just my opinion and I am sure some will disagree..  Hope this helps
Jason Powell #37  Super Sportsman / BP
\"Since I started mower racing I can sum up my financial status, my mower and my body in three words:  Broke, Broke and Broken..\"

2013 Voted Least Talented Driver (5th Award)

Offline JohnB

• Turf Warrior
  • voodoo twin racing
    • View Profile
    • johnb
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 01:53:11 pm »
Intek come in vertical only. Vanguards come into both. I have run both, also. I prefer Vanguards because like Mowchine said they wind up faster. They also have better camshafts than the Intek.
Earn your way, nothing is given to you!
D' Mow Letion

Offline rotten ron

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 10:31:14 pm »
Vanguards have much better flowing heads

Offline larry reddinger

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 08:49:18 pm »
as far as building a race engine is there one that is far easy to do i run an 18 vanny now just wondering for my next mowchine which would be the better route
Larry :chris:

Offline Caudy155

• Turf Warrior
  • Chad Caudy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:44:09 am »
inteks are pretty easy to make power out of for pretty cheap except the flywheel... set of 49 cube rods in a 40 cube with flat tops (stock pistons) mild cam and some head work and valve springs will get you started and it will make a fair amount of power... i like my little 40 and i only have 300 bucks in it... find the right gearing where you can take advantage of the low end tourqe and the engines abilty to turn some decent rpms and you will have a good runner... then do some more tricks and you will have a mean intek...
There's somethin' in the works...

anything