Author Topic: Ranch king lowering questions and steering??  (Read 5438 times)

Offline foxracer61

• View Profile
Ranch king lowering questions and steering??
« on: November 21, 2005, 09:56:11 pm »
I have a ranch king and it sit really high how can i lower it?? I have alot of slack in the steering and i dont no how to fix it plz help?

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Ranch king lowering questions and steering??
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 10:37:15 pm »
Are you planning on any organized racing with this mowchine...or just knocking about the yard...

Depending on the class and organization you plan on running in (I highly recommend the USLMRA for organized, insured, National level racing) there will be rules and specs you will need to meet..

But in general, you can lower the rear by switching to a solid rear axle and chain drive type tranny...or raising the trans-axle and adding a jack-shaft to transfer belt power...as well as shorter wider tires...

While your at it you may want to widen the wheelbase as well..

The front can be lowered "slightly" by removing the "hinge pin" and welding the axle solidly to the frame..or by removing the axle completely and building a kart type axle with spindles and axles, and then setting it to match the rear height...while your at it, might as well widen the front too...

Tightening up the steering can be done in stages...first remove the "pin in hole" linkage and replace with tie rods and ball ends...replace bushings in spindle carrier and get bearings for the wheels...

If you have excessive slop and cannot "adjust" it out of the steering box...remove it and replace with direct steering (and linkage rod and ball ends..)..

HTH...
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A