• Hot Rod Hitman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Re: Rant
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 05:16:26 pm »
Exactly Paul!!!
Zach Burwell
#555 of Triple Nickel Racing

Wanna know a quick way to lose 8 pounds?!

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 07:09:16 pm »
Well since you called me out Scoot, I gotta ask just what it is you have bought from me or called me for?

The reason we push EC, ARC and Ryker and the likes is because they support and promote our sport. How many other manufacturers are there doing this?

As for those of you that call peoples stuff over priced, you might try making the parts, paying for the machines they use them on , the overhead on the building and the employees, the parts you have to sat it on to keep customers happy and..... everything else that costs you money when you own a business.
I have CNC machines at my disposal, and I still cannot make parts as cheap as EC sells them?

There isn't anything you cannot build on a race mower yourself, and do it safely. But there are easier ways to do it, and there are better ways to do it. 

if you get an answer you don't like you might reply with; "I was looking for a way to do it myself" .

Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline Toadworks

• HEYMOW Welcome Wagon
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 08:09:13 pm »
if you get an answer you don't like you might reply with; "I was looking for a way to do it myself" .

Ask the same question with different words, that helps sometimes too.

Progression of the sport means better lasting, stronger than stock, safer (SFI ratings and such) parts that we can use. I'm all for it. I'm also budget minded and like to know things, so I do my OWN research to find parts I can afford and the tricks I can use within my limits (tools and abilities) This site has much to offer and has been around for several years. Use the search function. Dig a bit deeper than the 'quick' answer and you will find the 'old school' ways, many of which still work today in several applications. Why settle for 'fast food' when fine dinning can be yours if you are willing to study the menu. And fine dinning takes TIME.

Offline scoot8801

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 08:45:09 pm »
Rooster, sorry I did not mean to call you out, and I did not mean to offend anyone or hurt any of the small businesses. I just wanted to express my frustration about getting the cookie cutter answer. I havent ordered anything from you or called but I use EC, great company. And so you all know I definately agree and thank with all who buy the safety related items ( flywheel, rods, weihgts ). These items are essential to our sport and I see that. 

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 08:54:05 pm »
You didn't offend me, trust me I am a budget builder all the way, I make alot of my parts.
I was just wondering what you were told to call Cut Loose about?
So far I have only sold a few parts and generally do not promote what I sell.
Sometimes I tell guys to give me a call because I have a solution to their problem.
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline GRUBDIGGER

• Custom Gear Picker
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 08:54:53 pm »
im with ya toad. 3 things i hate to see in wrighting is go fast, safety and cheap. at that point you have 3 options. fast, safety or cheap. any way you look at it racing cost lots of money dependig on how copetitive you want to be and how deep is your wallet. so to be in the top 3 you must spend $. to be last you will be cheap. to be in the top 10 you will be safe an cheap.

we all have an budget. dont be mad when someone out spends you to be safe and competitive and not cheap. get over it!
JOHN HERRING
ARMA TECH
TRI-STATE RACING MOWER ASSC.
http://wwwtsrm.smfforfree.com/

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 09:02:43 pm »
Grubbys right!

Don't skimp on safety

To go fast you need to spend some cash.

AND someone else has more money and is faster than you....no matter how fast you think you are.

Paul Krueger

****2017 USLMRA FXT points Champion****

#150 Worlds First "sidewinder" FX (now dismantled)

#150 FXT  Sponsored by Zach Kerber Machine. http://zkbrmachine.com/

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline Toadworks

• HEYMOW Welcome Wagon
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 09:19:42 pm »
Grubbys right!

Don't skimp on safety

To go fast you need to spend some cash.

AND someone else has more money and is faster than you....no matter how fast you think you are.

We just had that discussion in the "racer mentality" post. Every sanctioned form of racing ends up being about the money, it's sad but true. HOWEVER, this post wasn't about that actually. It was about getting a short, canned answer to 'just go buy it' and how dissatisfied the original poster is with seemingly always getting that type of answer to his questions. To that again I say, ask again, use the search function of this forum and other web resources, even your local library will have some type of info that will help you gain the knowledge you seek. 

Offline GRUBDIGGER

• Custom Gear Picker
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 09:37:29 pm »
the post was all about buying and making parts? if so i missed that. sorry if i steped on any toes. ive been confffuuuzzzeld since i first read this. didnt know 100%what it was aimed to. :oops: :confused: :confused: :confused:
JOHN HERRING
ARMA TECH

Offline TeamScoot

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 09:38:58 pm »
I completely understand your point of view scoot8801. Ive been in the sport for 5 or 6 years now, and belonged to this forum for most of those. I think that almost any question you (not specifically you but anyone in general) might have, has already been answered here... maybe even multiple times. so when you get the "cookie cutter" answer, its generally because its a "cookie cutter" question, the "grass roots" solution to your question is most of the time just a few clicks away, in an older thread. there are a lot of builds on here that go into great depth showing many different solutions to the same problem. the best advice i can give is just look through the build section and study every picture.

Im a college student paying my own way, so I know a little bit about budgeting. I am also the type that would rather do it myself then pay someone else to, but there comes a point where the time invested far outweighs the price of the manufactured part, and you will find that the experienced racers (most of who do a lot of the replying on this forum) know what parts to buy and what parts to build, and thanks to this forum we have a way of getting that knowledge out of them without spending all of the time, money, and heartbreak they did to figure it out.

Founder of MoKart Industries
Inter Mountain Innovations
67 huffy
MHLMR

Offline GRUBDIGGER

• Custom Gear Picker
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 09:45:38 pm »
well said teamscoot. i may have missed something but you sumed it up very well. thanks. :+1: :+1:
JOHN HERRING
ARMA TECH

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 09:54:37 pm »
I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN " THIS SEEMS TO BE THE LAST FORM OF MOTOR RACING THAT YOU BUILD YOUR RACER YOUR WAY, BY HAND WITH YOU SKILLS AND IMAGINATION "
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline GRUBDIGGER

• Custom Gear Picker
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 09:55:48 pm »
im with ya al! 8)
JOHN HERRING
ARMA TECH

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 10:09:39 pm »
THAT IS THE REASON I DO THIS! I WANT TO USE MY HEAD ,AND MY HANDS, NOT MY WALLET.
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline 2budzracing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 10:49:00 pm »
REAL fun doesn't have to have a price tag or value , it's how you perceive it .
President of the Anza Mowtivated Hillbillys
President of the PCLMRA (Pacific Coast Lawn Mower Racing Association)
Owner 2 BUDZ RACING #16 #26 #36 #46
West Coast Regional Director USLMRA

anything