Author Topic: 14hp onan  (Read 8845 times)

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
14hp onan
« on: November 15, 2006, 03:38:32 pm »
Does anyone know anything about the 14hp onan singles? Its an OHV withthe pressure jube system. Runs awsome! But i dont know if i can get any performance parts for it. If not, i guess ill just run her till she blows...
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline Tom Fox

• Global Moderator
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: 14hp onan
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 06:24:23 pm »
What did that engine come out of??? Most ONANS around that HP rating that I've seen were built in the form of a generator for rv's. They were goverended down to 1800 rpm so not sure how it would hold up to racing rpm! In all...they are a very dependable engine powering a generator!
Tom Fox       
Brookfield, CT

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 06:27:58 pm »
yup its outa a generator.

It seems like a pretty tough engine.
itll go in a rear engine snapper, with a redhawk clutch and then direct to the rear axle.

Some guys i race with say a rear engine mower cant be competative with the big ap/bp style front engine mowers.
Im gonna try to prove them wrong.
Ive got a little 8hp tec. or the 14hpp Onan to work with.....
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline Tom Fox

• Global Moderator
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 06:29:34 pm »
Try it out!!! Maybe we will all be suprised with the performance! :3gears:
Tom Fox       
Brookfield, CT

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 06:31:21 pm »
im gonna!
i bet im replacing valve train stuff first though!
Maybe i can fit a set of stiff double vanguard springs in there!
that would suck it its self governed by the valve springs at like 2000 rpm!
ill just have to gear it up!
No, I don't.

Offline Gearstix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 06:35:14 pm »
I didnt know Onan made engines that small.
My father has a liking for onan equipped gen sets

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 07:03:54 pm »
this is a big gen set, works great, i just want hte engine. Maybe i should sell the genset and buy a vanguard twin?
No, I don't.

Offline mightymowe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 08:09:04 pm »
The rear engine tractors can be made to work very well.My son had one with a 11hp honda on it and we raced a guy with a BP and a SP tractor in a fun race.The BP and the SP both had lots more power because the Honda was stock except for having the govenor removed and the ignition timing advanced.My son couldent catch them in the straits but he drove around them in the corners and ended up lapping them in a 25 lap race.The chassis was working that much better.That big lump of weight(the driver)is centred and that helps a lot in the handling dept 
David Peters

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 10:40:01 am »
the rear enging one i seen tear it up at a track was set up more like a 4 wheeler, or a 3 wheeler. the seat was just kind there to tell you where center was, youd always be hanging off the side anyways.
No, I don't.

anything