Author Topic: any pullers in florida?  (Read 5103 times)

Offline mow rider

• David Hawthorne
    • View Profile
any pullers in florida?
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:27:04 pm »
this is prob not the right place for this but im wondering if their are any pulling tracks and or clubs here in central florida area?  I'm just wanting to get into some sort of mower sport and the only mower race track ive found in florida only races 4 times a year and thats not enough for me to build a race mower.
getting er done day by day

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: any pullers in florida?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:20:35 pm »
Its really big around the dade city/dade county area. I think there is also the florida flywheelers.
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline Toadworks

• HEYMOW Welcome Wagon
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:01:48 am »
Central Florida has many racing venues. Space Coast Sod Slingers in Melbourne (and soon Sharpes), races held monthly. Florida Lawn Racing in Avon Park, races monthly. Grasscar in Fort Myers and Labelle race several times monthly. All are on the internet with web sites most can be found on FaceBook too. Of course you can always contact the USLMRA or ARMA to get contact info for local clubs too. As far as pulling clubs for lawn tractors the only one I know of for sure is at Florida Flywheelers Park near Avon Park, they have a website too.

The Space Coast Sod Slingers is a USLMRA Affiliated club running US Open rules. We prefer any NEW builds to be USLMRA legal, but we'll accept any safely built machine.

I would love the contact information of the group you found that races 4 times a year. I am trying to get the names and numbers of EVERY racing lawn mower owner in the state. Whether they are active of not. 

Offline heavyweight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 08:32:35 pm »
hey down here in fort myers we do garden tractor tug o wars 1000LBS driver and weight combined must be garden tractor tires no bigger than 26", 16 inch hitch hidth
Josh