Author Topic: my f/x build  (Read 41400 times)

Offline mowinmachine

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: my f/x build
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2012, 12:26:13 pm »
 I would not feel comfortable sitting that close to the engine and that exhaust is WAY to close to your body. Let me put it this way: My exhaust runs under the foot rest of mine- about 1.5", and after a good 20-30 laps on a hot day the bottom of my boot gets pretty warm. Also hate to say it, but the engine also looks to be too far back anyway and with you sitting on the back with the engine, the front end might prove to be too light and you won't have as much control over the steering. You need some weight over the front wheels so it'll "stick".  As much of a pain, if it were me I'd see about moving the engine further towards the front. That would probably solve your exhaust issue and balance out the weight more.

I dunno- anyone else want to chime in?
Nip it in the grass!
www.pvmowerracing.com
California mower racing

Offline redline

• # I BROKE IT
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012, 07:01:02 pm »
I would run it. Chicks dig scars.
Ed King

71.3% of the time, I'm right every time.

/>http://www.youtube.com/user/tawdew

Offline coreylewellen

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2012, 11:05:29 pm »
Hey guys sorry it's been so long since I've been on here. Finalllly got my mower completed. Everything is done. I'll get some final photos and stuff taken tomorrow. All of my local clubs have decided not to race this year so I haven't been in a big hurry to get going on everything. None of them are very close at least 3 hours away so I decided to start my own club. There is only one other guy that I know of here that has a racIng mower so I went to the local track and talked with the guys there and they are going to let me run a few laps during their intermission tomorrow and talk to the crowd and try to get some people interested. I'll try tO get a video of me running and post it
what do you mean it doesn't fit, did you use the hammer?

anything