Author Topic: New West Coast Dealer  (Read 15367 times)

Offline BoNewCo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • BoNewCo MotorSports
New West Coast Dealer
« on: December 22, 2010, 02:53:42 pm »
BoNewCo MotorSports - Hughson, Ca is now a authorized dealer for ARC Racing & Azusa Engineering. Give us a call for all your racing mower needs. We can save you shipping charges from back east.
Sac Valley Mower Racers on Facebook
www.bonewco.com

Offline EelRiverRacer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Mowmentum
Re: New West Coast Dealer
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 02:57:34 pm »
Congrats Bob! That's an untapped market over there! Good luck!
Founder and Editor
Mowmentum Magazine
www.mowmentumonline.com

Offline chini

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 11:00:50 pm »
  We need this. I spent more on shipping and handling than some of the parts from the east! Handling is a B.S. charge in most cases. Just another way to add to the profit margin.
Kevin Pierachini

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 09:28:24 am »
... Handling is a B.S. charge in most cases. Just another way to add to the profit margin.

I don't know about that... you paid for the part... now either drive down there to get it, or pay someone to pull it, box it and ship it....and of course you should pay for actual shipping as well
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline chini

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 11:35:31 pm »
Wasn't that many years ago if you ordered engine parts, you didn't pay handling. so like I said  "Profit  margin".
Kevin Pierachini

Offline Snowman18

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • BSMRA
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 11:55:42 pm »
You are wrong, shipping has gone up a lot over these last few years so the days of free shipping are gone. Are we retailers suppose to just eat the shipping costs, I think not. Shipping costs do not go to the bottem line, it's a pass through charge to cover the cost of the shipping.
Scott Nelson
#18 (MX/R)
BSBOB(ARMA)
Retired
Bert once told me that" there was a lot of money in racing", he should know he put a lot of it in there.

Offline BoNewCo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • BoNewCo MotorSports
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 12:13:32 am »
....and of course you should pay for actual shipping as well
I think that is the problem. I agree that shipping has to be paid for but I don't think it should be used for additional profit. Most shipping is marked up over the actual cost. The profit should be made on the product, not the shipping. On ebay, I refuse to buy from people that are charging $10 for something that cost $5 to ship.
Sac Valley Mower Racers on Facebook
www.bonewco.com

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 01:02:45 am »
Fuel rates are MUCH much higher now then it was in those free shipping days. And you will still feel it even as a dealer. The best scenario is buying big quanatees, It costs the same to drive or fly to cali if its a couple gaskets or if its a big ole box with lots of parts. Much easier to spread the cost.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline blue demon

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 03:12:14 am »
When gas got realy high a few years ago every retailer was adding a (fuel sur charge) for there deliveries, since then gas has come down but the "sur charge" is still there.
(at lest in my job profession).
         It started off to help cover costs but they realized after gas came down that they were making a fair amount of 98.0% of free gross profit so they keep it.

Now i undner stand if your shipping somthing useing a out side source like ups or the post office as they would chagre a fee becuase thats what they do to make money ,but for someone or a small buisness to mark up shipping to compensate for their hourly employee that had to put in a box or drive to the post office is wrong.(thats the cost of doing buisness).Plus most dealers will have a ups or fedx guy on route that will pick up out going packages at no extra charge,(just the charge of the package)"unless they they have a fuel sur charge"

....and yes I know my spelling sucks....
sacvalleymowerracers

Offline Just2Race

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 06:26:20 am »
UNBELIVEABLE responce to shipping charges. Even if I could buy the parts I need, to build my new mower, locally I couldn't take the time off work and the buy the fuel for less than suppliers charge for S&H. That said Thank You and Merry Christmass to all Suppliers and all Mower Racing Families.
Bill Wilson

Offline chini

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 09:47:47 am »
I didn't say shipping was bad. I said handling was B.S. When it cost more in handling than the part, That's the  :censored: part. I know fuel has gone up. I also know shipping companys have stock holders they have to pay. Shipping is not the issue, Its handling charges that are over infalated to pad the profit margin.
Kevin Pierachini

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 09:50:11 am »

...,but for someone or a small buisness to mark up shipping to compensate for their hourly employee that had to put in a box or drive to the post office is wrong.(thats the cost of doing buisness)....

yes, a cost of business (added charge to stay in business) not a profit markup...

It will either be added to price of item or added in as handling charge
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline EelRiverRacer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Mowmentum
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 09:56:35 am »
If I pay someone $10/hour, and it takes a half hour to round up 20 parts, then I lost $5 as a manager. But then again, I got canned from my management job in April. So I must look at things awkwardly. On the other hand, though, I look at it as a customer service to offer good rates. I can see both sides.
Founder and Editor
Mowmentum Magazine
www.mowmentumonline.com

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 10:27:14 am »
Something I see not mentioned is the boxes and packing materials, sure some used boxes get used and old news papers also. BUt these companies have costs in the respect also. I am a customer too and I do order stuff at times that EC doesn't have or whatever, but since working there I do see what all goes into it and the large amount of meterail used, I know this cause I unload the trucks that bring us those materials sometimes several pallet loads at a time. What amazes me is we get online orders all the time for 1.25 or 2.50 just one itty bitty item. And Shipping is generally 7 to 10 dollars fed-ex. We get asked all the time just stick it in a envelope and send it. There was a time we did this, but then the claims of I got the envelope and nothing was in it went thru the roof, prolly due to the machinery used to seperate the mail tore it out. Too many different people had these problems so to say it was a customer is wrong. SO we only ship fedex. This way its garranteed, and insured and customer is covered regardless. But it amazes me at the nickle and dime orders we recieve and shipping is several times more than the part. Customer knows this cause they do it online it gives the fedex rate for that moment. Thats is controlled by fed-ex not us.
An example we sent a 1.75 tilly part to California first of the week it costs them 12.50 to get that part. BUT like the customer said he cannot get it local. So whats he do!!! It sucks the cost of everything now days SUCK!!!
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline 2budzracing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 10:45:40 am »
on the subject of packaging and cost...how many times have you ordered say, a gasket set and it came in a box big enough to hold an entire engine! not to mention all the peanuts or expando bags.competency in shipping would also bring costs down.I'm glad bob is on this side of the rockies!
President of the Anza Mowtivated Hillbillys
President of the PCLMRA (Pacific Coast Lawn Mower Racing Association)
Owner 2 BUDZ RACING #16 #26 #36 #46
West Coast Regional Director USLMRA

anything