Author Topic: ANNOUNCING! the "2011 V-TWIN SHOOTOUT" race coming to Michigan  (Read 116937 times)

Offline fordman21

• "The Bandit"
  • Global Moderator
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: ANNOUNCING! the "2011 V-TWIN SHOOTOUT" race coming to Michigan
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2011, 02:03:22 pm »
Thanks to everyone who made it out to the first annual V-Twin Shootout race. There was some real close racing and clean racing all weekend. I would like to thank all of our sponsors for making the race possible, Blitz USA, ARC racing to name a couple. The Vestaburg kart Speedway was a real clean facility, Dave the track owner kept the track perfect all day long. Great job he and his crew did there, What a nice set up they have.
It sounds like everyone had a really good time.
There was some pretty fast iron there, even the spectators enjoyed watching the mowers run a lot more then the karts because there was more action I was told. I was talking to some karters that said they couldn't believe there wasn't any cautions and how quickly we ran through the races. They said with the karts there is a caution every second lap it seemed.
The pit stop was the coolest thing ever, definately have to do that again.
 Not sure how I got the number one spot for the weekend at half throttle with one cylinder kicking in and out but I'll take it, that was a little disapointing for me but we still managed to have a good time. It was just a great atmosphere there. Also thanks to Mr. Mowitall for making the trip down to support the cause as well.
Ryan Kerr  519-332-9532
2007 Troy Bilt Grand National Super Modified Champion.
2008 WOO Outlaw/FXT class Champion.
2008 All American Lawnmower Championsip Outlaw twins champion.
2010 WOO Outlaw/FXT class Champion.
2010 AAMC Twin Outlaw class Champion
2012 USLMRA FX/T National Champion
2012 SRAAUSO FXT Champion<br /

Offline MowJoe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2011, 05:09:35 pm »
The Grass Clipper Crew had a great time. It was great to meet new people and see some old friends we can't wait for next year Thanks To all who put this on I know it's a lot of work to do a show this size but you all did a great job it was a blast and the track was awesome
Thanks Again
Joe Misak   
J & K Yard & Sport, and used parts emporium.
Home of Mowjoe racing
Former President of the Barry County Grass Clippers
2010 Sportsman Points Winner W/ Grass Clippers
2011 Mod-x Points Winner W/ Grass Clippers

#55 JD 111 GPK
#05 AYP Gp
#67 Snapper Mod-x/CP 

When the green flag drops the Bull stops!

Offline birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2011, 08:17:16 pm »
Yes it was a great weekend, it was nice to see the US racers again. We will see you all in mowhio
Rob 'Birdman' Arnel

Offline Rex A. Crouch Sr.

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2011, 08:29:47 pm »
Just wanted to say how much fun the Crouch's had this past weekend,we got home about 8.30AM this morning,and then off to work,other than the 14 hour drive it was great,we were real fortunate and blessed to have safe travel and racing,it was really nice to meet old friends and competitors,and to put faces to some of the Heymow names,I can't say enough about the track and the crew that kept it up in spite of Mother Nature working against them,it was a state of the art facility,everyone was so nice and gracious to me and my family,there was alot of fast mowchines there and alot of good fast and safe racing,and we were proud to be part of it,THANKS AGAIN!
Crouch Mower Sports
Sponsored by Piedmont Lift Truck Service Inc.

Offline bountyhunter

• Ferris Michigan
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
  • 3 WIDE RACING #1 ,#19 ,#0x & the #55
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2011, 09:20:32 pm »
Thanks for kind words will pass them on to Dave and crew I know they did one heck of job fighten with weather to put a good track together! I know they realy enjoyed you all coming, I want to thank All the drivers for doing such a good job of driving on the track! It was clean and fast! Again Thanks all!

Offline rotten ron

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 16, 2011, 12:20:00 am »
I had a great time,Mr mowitall took me around and introduced me to a lot of the racers I had not met before,the Crouch's were some of them,and the racing was great too,when they have it next year I want to return

Offline bountyhunter

• Ferris Michigan
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 18, 2011, 12:31:14 pm »
Ok I would like to here any Good sugjestions on how we might make the shootout better next year my email is fhipp59@yahoo.com keep it clean please and reasonable Thanks again to ALL of you that came!

Offline THawley08

• Spooner
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Hawley Racing
« Reply #352 on: August 18, 2011, 01:50:19 pm »
Really the only thing would be try and advertise in the area more. There's nothing better than racing in front of a HUGE crowd....oh tell the Crouch Mowersports people they cant win EVERY class they enter....LOL JK. Another thing that will help is see if we can get enough sponsors to pay for part of the insurance.....most of the racers around here are spoiled. STA-BIL or Amsoil pays it every time and I feel the $40 entry fee stopped a lot of racers from coming. Don't get me wrong I do understand it costs money to race BUT around here we aren't used to having to pay anything or if we do its like $5 at the most. Anyways, weekend was good track was sweet.
Tommy Hawley
Sponsors:
-STA-BIL Diesel http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/stabil/default.aspx
-Loud Whisper Media www.loudwhispermedia.com
Birdman Express Racing Products
Cutloose Racing Opposition Engines
#08 C/P MLMRA
Farwell, Michigan I am the Balm
Owner of the baddest opposed in the north.
4th 2010 USLMRA Points CP
2009/2010 MLMRA CP Points Champion

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #353 on: August 18, 2011, 02:10:22 pm »
Today you have to look at fees ex me n Jake 40 ea that's 80 total plus 10 per extra mower per day I generally bring 3 or moe we go wit 3 that's another 60 for the weekend 140 total entry fee plus gettin there And everything else. We charged last year at the AAMC an attendance was way down. It's something to think about. With those fees I would only bring one machine ea. Just sayin
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline tractor88

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 18, 2011, 02:53:19 pm »
talked with track owner on price,we r tring to work on dropping it alittle,and exspecally for guys who run multipal mowchines.ganna start looking for sponcers right now for next year to help with it all also.would b awsome to get it were everyone could race for what you all r used to,but with the economy its tuff as we all know.the crouches have fast mowchines for sure and a good bunch of guys.but they also got a big target on there backs for next year.lol.weekend will b different next year superman.want to work with everyone to get best turn out so if there is suggestions plz let them fly!thanks everyone for having respect for each other and no problems.was great meeting so many that have only been able to chat with on here 8)
Jeremy

grasskickers super mod champ and proud racer for coffin racin

Offline Burwell555

• Hot Rod Hitman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 18, 2011, 04:17:40 pm »
I feel the $40 entry fee stopped a lot of racers from coming. Don't get me wrong I do understand it costs money to race BUT around here we aren't used to having to pay anything or if we do its like $5 at the most.

I think that right there was alot of it...And add what George said. I really think that was the problem...yes  I do realize racing costs money and the major sponsors of the two National bodies have it covered but regardless, it hurts attendance!  Another thing to look at...we are late in the season, actually it was 3 weeks from USLMRA finals. So some of the local fast guys didnt even come out. Ya dont want to risk breaking your motor or something too expensive that close to finals! ARMA also had a points race that friday night in Maryland. I was going to go there and then to Vestaburg by Saturday morning, but NO WAY I could afford that and the time just wasnt there to let me get from A to B. I heard there was a good turn out at that race though!! So some of the fast guys from the central/northern part of the east coast were busy as well. I realize we cant please everybody, just layin options out to be thought about.  ;)
Zach Burwell
#555 of Triple Nickel Racing

Wanna know a quick way to lose 8 pounds?!

Offline bountyhunter

• Ferris Michigan
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 18, 2011, 04:39:12 pm »
It cost owner 1500 for crew plus fuel and other stuff on  race day but will try and see mayb we could drop food or something tp put money towards getting it down a few more and bigger sponsers would be better but even at our local track we loost 3 and was talkin to another president said same thing happened to him will work on price and see also we had date set early as we could so as not to interfear with others thats hard to do cause every week end some ones racing somewere but it will not be on Georges anniversery LOL!!!!!

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 18, 2011, 05:32:02 pm »
Might look into selling t-shirts, hats, and other stuff like that. A swap meet and charge for space. Some of this could offset some of the costs.
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline bountyhunter

• Ferris Michigan
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 19, 2011, 10:27:34 am »
Ok maybe we need to set date up earlier in the yr or latter I dont know tryed best to set it up with every one i could locally but that didnt work!! so will ask Rich\Zach what date works better   i could make it free by having it at ithaca but dont think Ryan and the other outlaw mowers would like 90 ft straights and tighter corners so that prob wont work  and it just not the same caliber of set up as far as crowd that takes time as still the popular thinkin (those who never saw them run)is lawn mower racing who wants to watch a bunch of guy go 10 mph on a track!  And i hope some of local guys would have spread word then self hey im running type thing wife was in stands and said heard lots of very positive coments so know there be more next yr they loved it!

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #359 on: August 19, 2011, 12:07:14 pm »
This race attracted many of the biggest names in mower racing, it could become one of the premier events of the sport. Having the event at any facility will gain that facility notoriety and prestige. Maybe you should talk to the track owner about weighing the pro's and con's of having the race at his facility?
Drivers appreciate racing with insurance, we have no problem paying $5 to cover the cost of insurance.
If the race cost him $1500, he would only need to charge $7 for a couple hundred fans to cover those costs.
COncessions should help as well.
Maybe it would be good PR to forego profits for the event, if his tax man is worth his salt I am sure he could write off most costs.
Sponsorships  help greatly.

Just some Ideas for you, but underlying message is "Look for creative answers".  The financing should not be an issue.

Charging the drivers that much will hurt the event.

On the drivers side of the equation:
Drivers talk to your sponsors, let them know you think it would be good to attend the event but need some extra help to cover the costs. It is not unusual for sponsors to add a little extra for a special event.
If you do not have a sponsor, consider the costs an investment, good finishes at events like this or even simply attending them help build your "Racing Resume" that make you more attractive to sponsors.

Events Like the National Racing Series, the All American and The V-Twin Shootout help the sport. They bring it more into the public eye in a positive manner. All of us from the single driver, race teams, race promoters, club Officers, track owners to the Heads of the national Organizations need to work together to make events such as these as successful as they can be.
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

anything