Author Topic: ANNOUNCING! the "2011 V-TWIN SHOOTOUT" race coming to Michigan  (Read 116275 times)

Offline bountyhunter

• Ferris Michigan
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
  • 3 WIDE RACING #1 ,#19 ,#0x & the #55
    • View Profile
Re: ANNOUNCING! the "2011 V-TWIN SHOOTOUT" race coming to Michigan
« Reply #360 on: August 19, 2011, 12:19:12 pm »
Rooster good points the 1500 is just what he said was for the crew he has nka insureance so what he payed extra there i dont know for 2 days now he charges 3 per head with family of 4 for 10 witch is as resonable deal im thinkin about racin on Sat next time as it would help those that have to travel not be so hurried and maybe run features with karts also that way could use Sunday as raid date and maybe do some racin sunday for fun or whzat ever but again some real good points Thanks

Offline royalblu68f100

• Mow-Forum Junkie
  • Cartwheels are a helluva ride if you can hold on!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 19, 2011, 01:09:15 pm »
My idea would be to move the race to a little later in the year.  I am thinking Early-Middle of October, that way you get around the USLMRA finals, maybe the ARMA finals also.  I do not know when ARMA or SOMA have their "finals" but it should be some time close to the beginning of October.  This would leave a gap between the end of one racing year and the beginning of another with the SRUSAA in November.
You never win a race by focusing on one aspect of the race!  Motor isn't everything, but you better have a good one!  Chassis too!  But remember, a driver can take a slow machine and make it faster!  I may not have/be the best of any of these but I'm trying!
Chris Cox- CP/Mod X, AP
2016 ALL AMERICAN CP/Mod X Champion
2015 USLMRA AP Champion
2014 USLMRA AP Runner Up
2013 USLMRA AP Champion
2012 SRUSAAO ModX/CP Champion
2012 USLMRA CP Champion
2012 US Open AP Champion
2011 SRUSAAO MOD-X/CP Champion
2011 USLMRA FX Points Runner up
2011 GALMRA CP Points Champion

Offline bountyhunter

• Ferris Michigan
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2011, 01:34:39 pm »
one major prob with Oct Weather here in Michigan would be crap shout! After sep it goes down hill in a hurry usally rain and cold

Offline Burton for Certain

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2011, 01:38:59 pm »
What about as an opener early in the year?
Drew Burton #19 FXS/FXT
Midwest Super Cub Racing

Nichols Performance Inc. For the tractor pulling
"Bad Company" PS/SS
"Triple Play" Open Super Stock Diesel

Small Engines Of Seymour High Performance Camshafts (Greg Hackman) 8125225577

Offline royalblu68f100

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2011, 01:59:50 pm »
I think weather could be an issue in the early part of the year especially in Michigan.  Maybe early October would be fall like and not like winter.
You never win a race by focusing on one aspect of the race!  Motor isn't everything, but you better have a good one!  Chassis too!  But remember, a driver can take a slow machine and make it faster!  I may not have/be the best of any of these but I'm trying!
Chris Cox- CP/Mod X, AP
2015 USLMRA AP Champion
2014 USLMRA AP Runner Up
2013 USLMRA AP Champion
2012 USLMRA CP Champion
2012 US Open AP Champion

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2011, 02:56:47 pm »
I would take the people that attended, and find out how many more would come with them next year,
and see how it could be scheduled out. You have a big haul in September, and one in Novemeber.
If this is going to be an annual event, it is going to have to be spaced several months prior to the
US Finals/US Open date. Competing year to year between these two events is going to reduce numbers
overall. The people local to this event, and Ohio are the folks to fill the classes. You have the Crouch's
and a few other groups that travelled a distance, but those are the exceptions. I know for a fact, that
Rooster schedules his year in advance.... he even plans events and does not schedule races at the
home track, when he has a race to go to. He came to Texas and raced with the LSMRA, and made his
calender way ahead of time.
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"

Powered by a Full Bug E.C. 20HP Vanguard!!!!

Offline royalblu68f100

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2011, 03:12:42 pm »
I would go with the team if it did not conflict and was spread out so that we could afford it.
Chris Cox- CP/Mod X, AP
2015 USLMRA AP Champion
2014 USLMRA AP Runner Up
2013 USLMRA AP Champion
2012 USLMRA CP Champion
2012 US Open AP Champion

Offline Burwell555

• Hot Rod Hitman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2011, 03:34:44 pm »
There is also a good haul early to mid october to the ARMA finals. I think the best time frame for the race is mid season. More so, 4th of july weekend would be awesome. Most folks have a paid day off so they could allow for some travel time as well. Wether or not it conflicts with other schedules, I have no idea other than the west coast races the uslmra put on that weekend.
Zach Burwell
#555 of Triple Nickel Racing

Wanna know a quick way to lose 8 pounds?!

Offline fordman21

• "The Bandit"
  • Global Moderator
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 19, 2011, 05:46:13 pm »
We need to bring our own volunteers, main flagman, lap counters, timers for qualifying and so on so Dave doesn't have to pay out $1500. I realize that there are still costs with hydro, and fuel for the machinery and so on but we can probably cut that down a lot. We should just be paying for insurance and a few bucks for the track expenses and let Dave make money off of the concessions and souvenirs and spectators. There may be more to it then that, but just some ideas.
Also more sponsorship money coming in will just keep dropping the price of everything, now we kind of have an idea what everything costs. It can only get better from now on.
Ryan Kerr  519-332-9532
2007 Troy Bilt Grand National Super Modified Champion.
2008 WOO Outlaw/FXT class Champion.
2008 All American Lawnmower Championsip Outlaw twins champion.
2010 WOO Outlaw/FXT class Champion.
2010 AAMC Twin Outlaw class Champion
2012 USLMRA FX/T National Champion
2012 SRAAUSO FXT Champion<br /

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 19, 2011, 08:59:41 pm »
Michigan is always a crap shoot with weather. I have seen snow early in october and in late april. If you get past october 15 maybe, between the 1st and the 15th, better, end of september better yet! Dave does have the right size track but will he let clubs or other people he DOSEN'T know run and work his track? He doesn't know me from adam up the road, but I was an officer in a motocross club for 10 years helping put on 4 event's a year. We averaged 500 riders a day, but we also had 25 - 40 club members helping. We had to plan dates in dec or jan for that year, can we do that with US, ARMA, and WOO?  The end of september in mich is really nice, we also need a rain date. I didn't see alot of spectors, how about advertising the event outside of or regular people and places. We have to get the word out and outside of other lawnmower racers. We can't keep doing the same thing and expecting differant results! Anyone that watches cars or motorcycles race will enjoy the v-twin shootout! The show went very smooth and moved right along, that keeps people's attention! One thing that is for sure it's all going to be a matter of timing!    [just my 2-cents]
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline bountyhunter

• Ferris Michigan
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 20, 2011, 09:29:51 am »
I kinda like the middle-end of june -1st of july was talking bout that last yr but someone said later worked for them than they didnt even show! i would love to set date asap and get  it set with arma / uslmra but try to work with alot of the local groups as much as possible earlier we can scheduale the better! but even if we scheduale a date now someone still can add date later

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #371 on: August 20, 2011, 12:44:56 pm »
Make sure you don't schedule the same week as USLMRA race in Sparta, lol.

I feel your pain brother! Our club is small enough that if we do a even a 20 mower race we have to count on neighboring clubs to help us out. Every time I even look at a venue I have to coordinate with about 5 other schedules! It can be a headache, but I am sure you will get it done.
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 20, 2011, 10:49:05 pm »
Ferris I would not want to be in your shoes about now!  Is your head spinning yet! I think I can speak for the forum and say, You can bounce anything off any of us any time. When you do pick a date I WILL do my best to be their, just let me know!
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline flatlander

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 27, 2011, 03:10:21 pm »
Yes Ferris you did talk to me about what time of year would work out for our group so you could plan on a free week for this avent. But you know that was a year ago and life changes daily for everyone and we couldn't make it but you have said it for the second time that "you wanted it earlier in year but because of other group would work better later in year and then never showed up" so what if we didn't show up you still had racing without us! You haven't said anything about George or Rooster not showing up that change the weekend of racing! Yes i am sorry we couldn't make it but i have heard from you time and time again that you would come race with us but life changed your plans! So maybe next year we can come but as of this year life changed our plans! Thank You
John Lackie

THUMB MOWERS

MICHIGAN

Offline bountyhunter

• Ferris Michigan
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 28, 2011, 09:37:39 pm »
No prob.  at all that you couldnt make it ill never twist anyones arm to come. Or pay for them to come we had a heck of a good time and I think most of the people will b there next year if a class a race track and setup along with hanging out with fellow racers and running with some of the fastest mowers around than does get you ecited it yr choice to choose not to attend i talked to a lot of other group presidents 2 when setting date besides you so relax wasnt even talking bout you! I still think $ main issue and will work on it I know it cant b free but will try and get it down some I also heard were in points race tracks to big,will tell you with the us and arma race dates its nearly imposible to find weekend thats free tahn throw in the local   clubs its no fun but know i can never please everyone and will always b excuses,I did best I could this year!