Author Topic: Tire Help Needed  (Read 2932 times)

Offline mr.smitty_78

• View Profile
Tire Help Needed
« on: October 18, 2010, 01:11:53 am »
Hello I have been building another pulling tractor for the last little bit and I have attempted to go a different route this time than the usual narrow front wheels and tires. I recently bought a set of 5in Dia by 145mm wide polished douglas wheels. I am looking for the smallest tire I can mount to it. I wanted a turf tread or 5 rib style but so far all I have really found is kart tires. I have never used metric wheels on aything like this so I thought Id ask for some help. I figured about an 11x6x5 tire would fit but wasnt real sure and had no Idea where to find these tires except on ebay. If some one could enlighten me as to what sizes are available the smallest that would fit also as to where I could get them brand doesnt matter but price does Id like to get out as cheap as possible. They donot have to be new either so if anyone has a used set to sell pm me about them and Ill get back with you thanks Josh
Josh Smith

Offline sandsnipe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tire Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 06:24:04 am »
There aren't many tires to fit your needs that I have found.
The only mowers I ever saw were the rear engined SX RX series John Deere, and I think the old Snapper rear engine.
The 11 X 6.0 X 5 is realy a narrow tread, good luck. 
Jim
"Life is a work in progress!"

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 09:24:33 am »
I have some 4.10/10-5 slicks, but they have enough rubber on them to cut in some 1/8" groove lines

Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline mr.smitty_78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 11:24:14 am »
I would take a set of slicks if I could get them I could cut some chevron cuts in them or some straight bars but I will need a set for a 5in diameter wheel the wheels are 5x145 douglas I picked them up for 35.00 and they are practically brand new the only little bit of wear or scratching at all is a very small amount on the lip. I appreciate all the help and all the future help I still have no Idea where to get any at though. Thanks Josh
Josh Smith

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 12:19:14 pm »
I'm sorry, they are 4.10/10-5 not 6....
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline mr.smitty_78