Author Topic: indiana races  (Read 3093 times)

Offline mr.wheelhorse

• View Profile
indiana races
« on: October 17, 2010, 05:28:05 pm »
im just getting in to racin and pullin and was wonderin if there was any race tracks in southern indiana and where
Jevon Sturgeon #358
Twisted Oak Raceway

Offline PLMDA1

• View Profile
Re: indiana races
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 09:07:12 pm »
Here in the Paris Lawn Mower Derby Assoc. in Paris ,il we are planning on racing mowers for 2011.We are new to the sport and are planning on running a single cylinder budget class. The rules are not setup yet but will be soon. Give a call at 1-217-808-0042
                                                                       Thanks,Carl Potter

Offline EelRiverRacer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Mowmentum
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:50:33 am »
Depending on what part of southern Indiana ... there's a pretty good group down by Floyds Knob. Hoopty83 (I think) on here is part of that bunch. We're in the north part of the state, about an 1.5 hours north of Indy.  The southern boys are linked on our website, www.mow-wheelin.com. Click on the forum, and you can see their rules and track information on there. If you need any help, let me know. And if I don't know, I'll make something up that sounds good.

Aaron
Founder and Editor
Mowmentum Magazine
www.mowmentumonline.com

Offline mr.wheelhorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 07:47:25 pm »
thanks aaron but im lookin for around the southern area near bloomington. the less the drive the better lol :lol:
Jevon Sturgeon #358
Twisted Oak Raceway

Offline PLMDA1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 08:38:47 pm »
Mr. Wheelhorse ,the track here in Illinois is an  hour and 30 minutes from Bloomington.We are going to have our rules real close to southern Indiana rules only we are running the modified class with a single cylinder only. Carl

Offline EelRiverRacer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Mowmentum
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 02:36:56 pm »
thanks aaron but im lookin for around the southern area near bloomington. the less the drive the better lol :lol:

That's about as close as you'll get. There's several folks that drive three hours for a local race. Similar to the "Supply-and-Demand" economics philosophy. Up here, we have 12 races a year and some of those Salem guys came up for one or two. But, then again, I65 is a fairly straight shot compared to HWY 56 or 44 and some of those curvy "highways" down south. Keep searching. Best advice I can give. or head west to the Illinois bunch. DocBro on here lives south of Evansville, but that's still a couple hour drive for you.
Founder and Editor
Mowmentum Magazine
www.mowmentumonline.com