Author Topic: what can you do to a command single?  (Read 7748 times)

Offline Butcher

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: what can you do to a command single?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 09:23:01 pm »
Nice looking piece, we done the same to save $$ on a custom. We only had one groove to index a centerline for gear mounting bolts (which we slotted for fine adjustments). Once adjusted we drilled a fifth hole, tapped threads, and loctite a bolt to prevent any future slippage. We ran this type for years using the same lightened cast gear on several different billit shafts with no problems at all. We were paying 100-125 for grinding lobes on a blank that we turned ourselves (there were none available then for a single kohler, still not i think??). We cut the gear off, lightened it, then had a machine shop index mounting slots- which I think was around $40-50. Been awhile back, but I believe to have a billit one/off adjustable gear made would have been over $300. If all you have to do is send him a oem cam, they remove gear and lighten, and then mount it to a billit blank, and grind profiles to your specs for $200. If I need another one I'll be getting in touch, for $200 this is the best price by far for a one/off quality made billit cam, and I know this type works well. Butcher.